Offline printing with Brother And The Brother printer is not working correctly these are the most frequent problems that users face. This happens when the printer unit or computer system cannot communicate with each other. The Printer can be in error due to overheating or overloading. Low ink levels, paper jam, or an outdated printer driver can all lead to Brother Printers in the Error States.
We have simple, reliable solutions for Brother Printer problems. After a few minutes, users can turn off the printer and then turn it back on. The primary solution for the Brother Printer offline problem is power cycling. To fix Brother printer showing offline issue, users can refer to the following troubleshooting steps.
Windows 10: Brother Printer Offline or Brother Printer in Error
It is important to verify that the printer’s brother and the computer are properly connected.
These are the steps you need to take to verify that the printer is connected to a computer.
- Restart your Brother printer
- Use the USB cable to ensure that your printer and computer are properly connected.
- Use another USB cable to connect the printer to the computer system. A damaged USB cable can cause the device to not connect.
- If you’re using a wireless printer, make sure they are connected to the same network.
- If you have a perfect wireless connection, the wireless light from your brother’s printer will glow and stay stable.
- Send the test print.
Assign the Brother Printer to be your default printer
To avoid confusion, users can make the brother printer the default printer. Brother Printer Outline error. Windows users can follow these steps to make the Brother Printer their default printer.
- Go to Control Panel->Hardware & Sound.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your Brother printer to select the Set as the default option in the context menu.
Restart Printer spooler services:
To restart Printer spooler services, users can follow the steps below.
- To launch the Run dialog box, press windows key+R from your keyboard
- In the Run command box, type services.msc
- In the services section, look for Printer Spooler.
- Right-click Printer Spooler, and choose the Stop option from its context menu.
- Go to the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS from your file explorer.
- All files found under the printer’s directory should be deleted.
- Click again on Print Spooler services in the services list, and choose the Start option.
- Next, change the Startup Type of Printer Spooler Services to Automatic.
For the Paper Jam, check Printer
Many users encountered the error that their brother printer was in due to a paper jam. To clear the paper jam on your brother’s printer, you can follow these steps.
- Turn off the printer unit, and then remove the power cable.
- You should check if a paper is jammed between the rollers of your printer.
- Check the printer’s rear end to see if any paper is jammed.
- Remove all paper pieces from the rear end.
- Close the rear end.
- Turn on the printer by putting the power cable into the power switch.
- You can test the printer by using the print command.
Online setting the printer manually
To fix the problem, users can manually set up their brother printer online brother printer offline Windows 10 error. These are the steps that will allow you to make your brother’s printer online.
- Tap on the Start icon and then Control Panel-> Devices and Printers.
- Choose your Brother printer icon from our list of printers.
- From the menu bar, click on the Printer tab.
- Choose the option to use the printer offline option from the context menu. This will make the brother printer available online.
- Check the printer for errors.
Updating the Brother Printer drivers
The brother printer could be in an error state error if the driver for your brother printer is corrupted or out of date. Follow these steps to ensure that your printer drivers are updated regularly
- Click on the Start icon, and then select Device Manager.
- Expand the Print Queue section in the Device Manager screen.
- Right-click the name of your brother printer under the print queue section, and choose the Update driver option in the context menu.
- For the latest driver software, select Search automatically.
- The system will then automatically locate and update the printer driver software.
This may take several minutes. To update printer drivers, the user must have an active internet connection. To update brother printer drivers software, users can also visit the official brother printer site.
How to solve Brother printer not showing and Brother Printer in Error State for Mac?
Users of Brother printers may experience problems because they have the wrong configuration settings or are using outdated Mac printer drivers. To fix problems, users must also check connectivity to brother printers, paper jam, and ink cartridges brother printer in error on Mac. These are the basic steps to troubleshoot a brother printer on Mac.
Make brother your default printer for Mac
When multiple printers are installed in the system, then the user must set the brother printer to be the default printer. These are the steps for doing the same.
- Click on the Apple Menu-> System preferences.
- Go to the printer and scanners option
- Verify that the brother printer is set as the default printer in your system.
- If the user does not want to select a set, they should choose the default option from the context menu.
You can check the status of your printer:
Offline printing by BrotherStatus if the printer is paused for any reason. To fix the error, users must resume the pause printer operation.
- From the Apple menu, go to System Preferences.
- Choose your Brother printer icon from all the printers.
- Click on the open print queue.
- The menu bar allows the user to check the status of the printer and then tap on the button for the resume/resume printer.
Reinstall your brother’s printer
To fix the problem, users can try to reinstall the brother printer on Mac. Brother printer in error problem. To reinstall your printer, follow these steps.
- Click on the Apple menu to open the System Preferences.
- Click on the icon for your brother’s printer.
- To remove the brother printer, click the [-] button on the lower side.
- The user must wait for a few seconds after that.
- To add a printer to your Mac, click on the + button
Reset Brother Printer on Mac
When an error occurs because of changes in printer settings, the best way to fix it is to reset print settings on Mac. The following steps will allow users to reset the brother print settings on Mac.
- Go to Apple menu-> System preferences-> Printers and Scanners.
- The screen displays the list of printers available to the user.
- Right-click random space in the left panel
- From the context menu, click on the Reset Printing System option.
This will reset all print settings, and remove all printer drivers from the system. The official brother printer website offers the latest printer drivers.
This article is intended to help users resolve brother printer error state issues on Windows and Mac. This article can also be viewed offline on macOS. If you have any questions, users can reach us by email.