The Printer indicates stopped working after switching off to Windows 10 or downloading Printer in an error state. The offline error unable to print documents or unable to connect to the Printer while trying to operate it? Due to this Printer being in an error state, the printing job has stopped. There are some effective solutions to Brother printer says offline windows 10 and gets it working again.
Troubleshoot printer problems on Windows 10
Offline Windows 10 is an error generally displayed when the Printer is jammed, paper or ink is low, the cover is open, or the Printer is not connected properly, etc.
- You need to ensure that all printer cables and connections are suitable and do not have a loophole.
- Ensure that your devices connect properly, try a different USB port, and the Network (wireless or Bluetooth) file or cable you use to connect has no problem.
Change in Device Manager
Press Windows + R, type devmgmt. msc and ok to open Device Manager. This will list the list of all installed drivers. Click on the View menu and select the ‘ Show Hidden Devices ‘ option from the drop-down menu.
- Insufficient Memory Warning Windows 10
- show hidden devices
- You have to expand the Ports (COM and LPT) category and need to right-click on the Printer Port file and select Option Properties.
- expand the Ports COM LPT
Alt-Tab Does Not Change Windows 10
In the Printer Port (LPT1) Properties dialog box, navigate to the Adapter Port Settings file, check the ‘ Use any interrupt assigned to port ‘ option, and check the ‘ Enable Legacy Plug Play Detection ‘ box.
Enable legacy plug and play detection
Click apply and ok, restart the windows and check that the Printer is detected and working properly.
Verify that the print spooler is running
Follow the procedure below to change the Print Spooler Service Type to Automatic.
- Press Windows + R, type services. msc and hit enter.
- Scroll down and double-click on the service called print spooler.
- Ensure that services are started and fixed to Automatic.
- Or change into auto start type and click on start the service located next to the service status.
- You have to switch to the Recovery tab and change the first error to ‘ Restart the service. ‘
- Now Click to apply and make double-check the Printer online, and it works fine.
- print spooler recovery options
Delete the print spooler files
Clearing the spooler files and restarting the spooler service also helps solve most printer-related problems. Open Windows Services, then click right and choose the stop the Print Spooler service.
- Navigate to C: Windows System32 Spool Printers and delete all data inside the printer folder.
- Open the following path again C: Windows System32 Spool Drivers w32x86 and delete all data inside the folder.
- Restart the spooler service and check printer operation.
Remove and reinstall the Printer.
If the same Printer still occurs in an error status problem / Is the Printer offline while capturing printouts? To do this, we first need to uninstall the printer driver from Device Manager.
To remove/uninstall the Printer.
- Disconnect the USB printer cable from the PC.
- Press Windows + R, devmgmt. msc and press the Enter key by the keyboard to open the Device Manager.
- Here you spend Printers and Scanners; right-click on the installed printer driver and select uninstall the device.
- When a pop-up warning appears,’ you are about to uninstall this device from your system. ‘Mark on Delete the driver software for this device and then click Uninstall to proceed.
- Once you detect that printer drivers are uninstalled, restart your system.
- To reinstall the Printer.
Install or add a local printer
Connect to a local printer, plug the Printer’s USB cable into an available USB port on your PC, then turn on the Printer.
Now open settings -> then go to Devices>choose the Printers and scanners -> click on the Add a printer or scanner. Allow it to find near available printers. Now you can choose the one you want, then select Add Device. If you require a driver, select the driver’s location (previously downloaded from the manufacturer’s website).
Manually installing updated printer drivers may help you resolve your printer’s error status Windows 10 printer problem and many similar printer problems.
Disable antivirus/firewall software
Antivirus software and firewalls have already been validated and cause problems when false positives are issued for actions that do not pose a threat.
One of the specific applications known to cause problems is Bit Defender. However, you need to disable all these apps to see if they work. You can find articles on how to disable antivirus. Once you have fully verified that your firewall/antivirus is stopped, you can continue printing the document to see if the issue is resolved.