As you have managed to secure a place in your favourite university, it is time to sort out other things. Scrambling to get everything sorted with a few weeks until you start, you need to also finalize your accommodation.
Organizing student finance, deciding what to take along with you, segregating documents- all can be listed down. but what should be on the priority list is finding last-minute student accommodation. Those who have already initiated your student property search must be aware of the different kinds of student accommodation available. Finding student rooms at the end moment can be really stressful. So, here are some tips to find the right kind of private student accommodation in Portsmouth, UK.
When to start looking?
A lot of accommodations are listed across December/January time and it is advised to sort accommodation by the late March/April time. Properties and rooms can still be found after this, but you will have to make more compromises. The contracts for the student rooms in Portsmouth are legal, so it is essential for you to be well-informed and make the right kind of choice.
Where to find the student accommodation?
- Student accommodation forums: Student housing in Portsmouth forums are one of the best ways to find potential accommodation in the area you want to stay in. You can broadcast your message by posting a thread on the forums. You will start receiving responses from the students soon. Alternatively, you can also check different forums for posts about student accommodation.
- Tech-enabled online platforms: You can find an online marketplace where students get assistance with housing near the universities. They make sure that the transition into a student’s life is as easy as possible. You can search, compare, and book from a wide range of student apartments in Portsmouth options.
- Student letting agents: If you are hoping to find your dream home, then you can connect with the student letting agent. They can provide you with different student houses, private halls as well as short-term lets. Connect with them for more options.
Types of student room
Near the University of Portsmouth, you can find four key room types which are shared and en-suite rooms, self-contained studios as well as apartments. All of the rooms are fully furnished and are equipped with some comfortable double beds, wardrobes, study tables, and more. They offer different amenities like a fitness centre, laundry facilities, cinema room, games room and so on. To make life easier, you can find different appliances too like dishwasher, microwave, and much more.
Some of the best accommodation in Portsmouth
- Rosalind Franklin Halls Portsmouth: Rosalind Franklin Halls Portsmouth is one of the best options for all international students who want to pursue higher education. Not only does it make sure that the student stays near the university, but also enjoys an amazing student life. This amazing student accommodation is located around 0.5 miles away from the prestigious University of Portsmouth. The student can easily commute to the university as transport accessibility is also great from here. the bus routes as well as the stations are quite fast and well-connected throughout the city. The bus stops are around 5-7 minutes walk away.
- Stanhope House Portsmouth: Situated right opposite Victoria Park, Stanhope House combines luxury as well as comfort. This makes it a popular choice amongst all the students. those who attend the University of Portsmouth can reach there within 7 minutes on foot. You can start working on the assignments in the library or you can enjoy playing your favorite sports at the Spinnaker Sports Center over here. As the campus is located nearby, you can go to The Hub Café and grab a cup of coffee.
St. James Street Portsmouth: St. James Street is one of the most amazing private student accommodations in Portsmouth as it is ideal for those who want to cut down on commute time. the students who want to study at the University of Portsmouth can find it really easier to attend their early morning lectures as it is only 2 2-minute walk away. The proximity to the University of Portsmouth Library also makes it really easy to catch up on the work after class without having to worry about reaching home late. This accommodation promises the students a memorable living experience at an affordable cost.