With more than 50,000 students coming every year, Coventry has become a renowned destination to pursue higher education. This place is home to both famous universities, i.e., the University of Warwick and Coventry University.
Whenever students think about moving to Coventry, they look for reasons. However, this place promises to amaze the students in different ways. This student city is buzzing with diversity, culture, and all-round good vibes. Here you will be astonished by the lively nightlife, top-notch eateries, super-friendly social scene, and whatnot. However, before you move, do not miss out on securing your best student accommodation in Coventry. If you want to go to Coventry, read the 5 reasons below:
- Two world-class universities: Any city that has one world-class university is attracting a swarm of international students. however, in Coventry, there are two world-class universities that are consistently ranked amongst the UK’s best. In recent years, Coventry University has been voted as the University of the Year for great student experience. They have also achieved Gold from the Teaching Excellence Framework for outstanding teaching and learning. The University of Coventry is also one of Britain’s best business schools and it has been rated as one of the top modern universities. In addition to it, the University of Warwick is also known for being one of the top 10 universities. The university has a reputation for excellence in research, teaching, and innovation. It has been rated as one of the country’s best for accounting careers and degrees. Moreover, the university’s manufacturing group has given a massive boost to manufacturing in the West Midlands bringing overseas investment. This offers employment opportunities for the students and makes local businesses competitive.
- Location: Coventry’s central location across the UK offers the students with easy access to all the major cities like Birmingham. This is around 21 minutes away by train. You can also reach London within an hour. What else you can ask for? Coventry is well-connected by rail and road so travelling become much easier and more convenient. You can explore the UK, whenever you want and the way you want.
- City of culture: Every city is known for having a beautiful culture. But not every city is entitled to be the go-to city. In the year 2021, Coventry was voted as the UK’s City of Culture. you can come across different events that are hosted by faith groups, community centres, libraries, art organizations, radio stations, and much more. you will be always within walking distance of something engaging. You can visit some of the popular attractions too like the Coventry Transport Museum, Warwick Castle, and Herbert Art Gallery & Museum. You can also visit lesser-known spots such as Coventry Music Museums, The Reel Store, and so on. If you want to use culture as a way to immerse yourself in this beautiful city, you are welcome here with open arms.
- Networking Opportunities: The university’s strong ties with some of the local businesses and the industries here create opportunities for networking. Here you can find potential job placements that help the students kickstart their careers. You can also network with others at the student accommodation here. if you are excited by the prospect of studying and living in the centre of vibrant Coventry, then you will find some of the well-equipped accommodations.
- Affordable City: Coventry was named the third-best student city across England. One of the major reasons why a number of international students come here is because of its affordability. Tuition and the living costs as a student over here are amongst the lowest in England. The student budget doesn’t stretch and you can get the degree of your choice. In addition to this, the city has also ranked high for employer activity as many employers favour young graduates. If you plan to work while you study or after the completion of your course, you can find some businesses that are happy to provide you with the right opportunity.
Bonus: Coventry is a foodie’s paradise
Eating out can be a luxury for an international student, but if you know how to spend your money wisely, you can enjoy it here. If you want to play it benign, then proceed to go with the street foods. Coventry is known to have all the renowned restaurants. Some of them comprise Zizzis, Slug and Lettuce, and so many more where you can try out some interesting food. there is a wide range of independent spots that serve international cuisine at student-friendly prices. Here are some of the top picks which comprise Jinseon Korean BBQ, Bib Noodle Bar, The Farmhouse, Falafel Corner, etc.