Since Rocket League became a free to download free to play game at the end of 2020, the title now allows for cross-progression between platforms (PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo). That is, Rocket League has cross-platform or cross-play, which means that you can play from different platforms sharing your progress and all the unaltered inventory including the Rocket League credits.
In order to enjoy the cross-progress of Rocket League, you must link the accounts you have on your different platforms with an Epic Games account. If you don’t know how to do it, don’t worry, because we explain it easily below.
Create an Epic Games Account
In order to connect your Rocket League accounts and maintain cross-progression between platforms, first of all you need to have an Epic Games account.
- If you don’t have an Epic Games account yet, you can create one through this link.
- Click on the “Sign up with an email address” option.
Through your Epic Games account, you can log in and share your entire game inventory, competitive rank, Rocket Pass progress, and XP across platforms.
How to link your Epic Games account in Rocket League?
Once you already have an Epic Games account, the next step will be to connect this same account with the accounts of other platforms where you play Rocket League. To do this, follow these instructions:
- The first time you log in to play Rocket League, a screen will appear with the option to log into your Epic Games account (or create an account if you don’t already have one).
- Keep in mind that if you create an Epic Games account in this step, it will be created “without a name” and without information (that is, without name, email address or other information).
- Ideally, you already have an Epic Games account created and all you have to do is log in with your credentials.
- After logging in, you will be asked to visit your account portal.
- You agree to visit the portal and you will be redirected to a “Connections” page in your Epic Games account.
- Now what you should do is “Connect” the associated accounts where you also play Rocket League (for example your PlayStation Network, Xbox, Nintendo Switch or Steam account).
After clicking on “Connect” and entering the session data of your other accounts, this page will be updated and you will be able to return to the game menu. From now on, your account should already be linked to the Epic Games account to be able to enjoy the Rocket League cross-save.
Link additional accounts
If you’ve only linked a single account with Epic Games, you can still link more additional accounts whenever you want. To do this, you just have to follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website https://www.rocketleague.com/activate/
- Click the “Sign In” button and sign in with your Epic Games account.
- On the next screen, you will be allowed to link any additional accounts that you have not yet linked with Epic Games.
- If you want to connect any more accounts, simply log in with your credentials to give the linking permission.
Select primary account
It is important to add that as a last step, you will have to select what you want your primary account to be to play Rocket League.
Your primary account’s Rocket Pass level, rank, and progress will be used across all connected platforms. The existing inventory on each platform is shared and the new objects you get will be associated with your primary platform. Esports credits and tokens will not be combined, but can be accessed on the platform that purchased them (if you unlink an account, allRocket League items will remain on the platform on which you obtained or purchased them).
Choose your primary account wisely, because you can only change your primary platform once a month.