You can see an HP printer in almost every home and office today. It is primarily because this printer brand has won people’s hearts with its high-tech functionalities and ease of use. However, you shouldn’t forget that glitches are a part of every technological specimen. One common problem that HP printer users report is that their hp printer keeps going offline. This problem does not have a specific cause. But it certainly disturbs the work of users. This article will provide you with effective ways to troubleshoot this issue.
What Troubleshooting Steps You Should Take When Your HP Printer Keeps Going Offline?
You don’t have to search for a hp printer offline fix now endlessly. These methods will allow you to get rid of this issue and use your printer again.
1. Ensure that you haven’t selected ‘Use Printer Offline’ mode
If you have accidentally selected ‘Use Printer Offline’ mode, then you will find your HP printer getting offline. You must therefore check that this option is not enabled.
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and tap on ‘Settings.’
- Tap on ‘Devices’ and then ‘Printers & scanners.’
- From the list of printers, right-click on your HP printing device.
- Now untick the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option.
2. Set the default printer manually
A reason why you might see that your hp printer keeps going offline pertains to making it the default printer. To set your HP printer as the default printer, follow these points.
- Click ‘Printers & scanners’ in the ‘Devices’ tab.
- Untick the box on the side of ‘Let Windows manage my default printer.’
- From the displayed printer list, tap that name that matches your printer’s name. Then, tap ‘Manage.’
- Under it, tap on ‘Set as default.’
- Now try printing a document.
3. Connect your PC to a TCP/IP port
Windows users can try connecting their PC to a TCP/IP port. It is an effective HP Printer offline Fix.
- Open ‘Printers & scanners.’
- Tap on your printer’s name and choose ‘Manage.’
- Tap on ‘Printer Properties.’
- Click on ‘Ports.’ Then, hit ‘Add Port.’
- Choose Standard TCP/IP Port. Then tap ‘New Port.’
- Input the IP address of your printer and click on ‘Next.’
- Choose the new Standard TCP/IP Port and then tap ‘OK.’
- Make a test print.
4. Remove the outdated version of the printer driver
If you have a corrupted or outdated printer driver, your HP printer will always be offline. To reinstall or update your driver, follow these instructions.
- Navigate to ‘Device Manager.’
- Go to the section of ‘Printers.’
- Expand that section and find your printer’s model number. Right-click on it and then tap the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Now hit the option of ‘Search automatically’ and wait for some time for the driver to update.
- After the driver updates, restart your system.
- If you want your driver to be reinstalled, navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ and then tap on ‘Remove Programs.’
- You can uninstall your current HP printer driver. Afterwards, download the driver from the official HP website and install it.
5. Check if you have an improper wire connection.
You might find that your hp printer keeps going offline when you have an improper connection. To fix it, see if both ends of the USB cable are suitably connected to the computer and printer. In case you have a wireless connection, ensure that the router and printer connectivity is compatible. There should also not be any cuts in the power cable.
Implement one or the other troubleshooting techniques described above. You will not find yourself complaining that your HP printer being offline. Now you can easily put an end to this printer challenge and continue your work seamlessly.