A Personal Storage Table or PST is an Outlook data file that stores all data items locally. It stores data from Outlook and other Microsoft products. A vCard on the other hand is a contact file universally used as a virtual business card. It is the standard file type to send across your communicational information. In this piece of write-up, we are going to learn about various methods to export PST contacts to vCard.
“I used to be an Outlook user but recently I have switched over to another email client. Before transitioning, I had exported the Outlook contacts and saved them to my desktop. Now, I am in need to convert them to a vCard file and share them with my colleagues. Unfortunately, the PST won’t work and shows that it has gone corrupt. Are there any methods to fix those contacts and convert to VCF since I cannot afford to lose them?”
How to Export PST Contacts to vCard?
Since a PST file is only limited to a few Microsoft products, it does not prove to be highly versatile when you wish to work with other applications. Switching those PST contacts to a vCard (also called VCF) will open up more platforms for you to access your contacts on. You can perform this conversion manually as well as by using the software. In the upcoming sections, you will learn about both of these methods.
Let us first discuss the expert method that we have researched for you. The PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter software is the best utility to export Outlook contacts to vCard. Here are a few significant benefits provided by this tool.
Key Features of the Software
1. Can convert corrupted, orphaned, password-protected contacts.
2. Provides options to create all versions of vCard: 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
3. Allows converting all contact files in a single attempt.
4. It exports all fields and attributes of the contact files.
5. The tool does not require you to install MS Outlook on your system.
6. Maintains the data integrity & does not harm the data at all.
Steps for Exporting PST Contacts into vCard
1. Install and run the PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool. Then, add a PST file(s) or folder in the software.
2. This tool will quickly scan the added files for you to check any prior damage done to it.
3. After that, it will provide you a preview of all details including name, address, business, etc. You have to choose the contacts you would like to convert.
4. Next, select vCard as your export option. In the Advanced Settings, you will be provided the freedom to choose the versions of vCard you would like to create. You can choose any version out of 2.1, 3.0, 4.0. Also, you can decide if you want to merge all contacts in a single VCF file or create individual files for each contact.
Finally, provide a destination in your system to save these files. Hit the Export button to begin the process.
It will now create single or multiple vCard or you in the version you chose. There is a manual way to achieve this. Follow these steps to find out the procedure.
Manually Export PST Contacts to vCard
1. Launch MS Outlook & select the File option.
2. Go to contacts and select those you want to convert.
3. Click on Home > Foward Contact > As a Business Card.
4. Right-click on the attachments once the message window pops.
5. Click on Select All and copy them by using Ctrl + C.
6. Go to a local folder on your system & select Ctrl + V.
This command shall paste those vCard contacts in the folder. This method comes in handy to export PST contacts to vCard but with a few restrictions. This requires you to use your Outlook account. Many users face problems where their Outlook keeps on crashing for no reason or their PST file has gone corrupt. In any of these cases, this manual method is of no use. Hence, to overcome all of these faults, we highly recommend the software.
Related: How to Import OLM Contacts to iPhone?
In this blog, we have explained to you the easiest yet highly effective methods to export PST contacts to vCard. With a few limitations imposed by the manual method, users need a better and trustworthy solution. Hence the reason why we have introduced to you PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter software that is heavily used worldwide.