Many opportunities come to mind for individuals considering studying in Australia. Australia is home to a million international students and skilled immigrants.
Australia welcomes international students with various study options, degrees, and courses. International students can apply for a Visa 500 through the Home Affairs Department. However, to study in Australia, some conditions for student visas must be satisfied.
Home Affairs anticipates that international students will meet the 500 Student visa requirements. You can easily begin your degree in Australia after you get a student visa.
So, if you’re interested in learning how to qualify for a student visa, this complete guide is for you. Let’s examine the specifics of Australia’s student visa criteria.
What is a 500 Student Visa?
To participate in the academic program, international students are granted a Student Visa 500. It is a short-term visa. With a Visa 500, you can reside in Australia for up to 5 years. The duration of your course will also affect how long you stay.
International students with a 500 Visa can work in Australia when their course begins. However, you can schedule a consultation with us if you wish to apply for a work visa and have abilities. You can get useful work experience in Australia by working while you study.
500 Student Visa Australia – Requirements
For a 500 Visa, the Home Affairs Department has established specific requirements.
If you want to apply for a 500 Student Visa, you must:
- · The minimum age requirement is 6 years old.
- · Take up a study program in Australia.
- · Confirmation of enrollment is required. You cannot apply for a student visa without a CoE.
- · Having an Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) or meeting an exemption requirement.
- · You must provide proof of a welfare agreement if you are younger than 18.
- · Possess proof of your English language proficiency.
- · Have and keep enough health insurance for your visit to Australia.
- · Possess the means to cover your costs while visiting Australia.
- · Be a sincere temporary participant (GTE). You must be planning to depart Australia as your studies in Australia.
- · the necessary health standards
- · The character criteria must be met if you are 16 or older.
- · If you are 18 or above sign the Australian Values Statement.
- · You must sign this to attest that you will respect Australian law and culture.
- · Not owe any money to the Government of Australia. Or else you must have made plans to repay your obligations if any.
- · Never before had a visa been denied.
· If a family member is applying alongside you, he must adhere to Australia’s requirements for student visas. The Visa 500 eligibility requirements are applicable for both primary and secondary applicants.
Temporary Work Hour Relaxation
Recently, Australia has announced a temporary relaxation of working hours for student visa holders. This regulation permits international students to begin working before their education in Australia. In Australia, international students can reside and work more than 40 hours every fortnight. In Australia, they may work in any company or industry.
This reduction in work hours is only a temporary measure. To alleviate the labor deficit in the nation, the Australian government lowered the maximum number of hours that can be worked. The secondary candidates for the Student Visa 500 are also subject to this policy.
Checklist for 500 Student Visa Australia
To see the documents needed for your application, use the Document Checklist Tool on The Home Affairs Website. It is important to include data about your passport nation and education provider. After entering these details, you’ll get the precise Student Visa 500 checklist.
The Student Visa 500 Checklist tool may request a few additional documents for your application. These documents consist of the following;
- Identification cards
- A photocopied passport
- Your birth certificate, certified
- CoE for your course
- Evidence that you have suitable health insurance.
- You must prove that you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Provide GTE and prove that you want to stay there temporarily.
- Evidence of your English language ability
How long does it take to get a 500 Student Visa Australia?
The field or degree you are applying for will affect how quickly your Visa 500 is processed. The Home Affairs Department in Australia handles visa processing.
It typically favors apps with complete documentation. Furthermore, there are fees associated with applying for a student visa. For Home Affairs to process your application, you must pay the cost.
For information on the processing times for various industries, visit the Home Affairs website. However, candidates from all fields are urged to finish their paperwork. If you don’t provide the appropriate documentation, Home Affairs may require more time.
Perks of the 500 Student Visa Australia
In addition to allowing you to study in Australia, the Student Visa includes many special advantages that are sometimes disregarded.
1. Study and work at the same time.
The maximum number of hours you can work during classes is forty every two weeks, equating to roughly 20 hours each week. There is no limit to how much effort you can put in over the summer.
In Australia, where students get roughly three months off in the summer and a month off in the winter, summertime casual work could add up to a decent sum. This could help you cover living costs.
2. Job Opportunities for Graduates
If you have completed your Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate in Australia and are on a 500 Student Visa, you can apply for the Temporary Graduate 485 Visa to work. During their time there, they will gain exposure to international work.
Graduate Work 485 Stream also provides students with job opportunities. They qualify for this stream if they have a degree and a job similar to one on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL), valid for 18 months.
Australia is a perfect location to live and study. Australia is the most popular study-abroad country among international students. It provides international students with a 500 Student Visa Australia. However, students must adhere to Australia’s rules for student visas.
You can pursue your dream of attending school in Australia if you meet the requirements for an Australian student visa. Therefore, if you’re interested in applying for a student visa in Australia, you can schedule a meeting with us at The Migration.