Candles bring warmth and light to our home. Not for all, but many like to light candles in their house to bring in that positivity. However, buying them from the market is going to make you spend more. Thus, making it at home is more pocket-friendly and it is convenient too.
Making candles at home is easy and it can be made as per your choice. All you need to do is to choose what goes into making that candle of your choice. People who are allergic to fragrances can keep away fragrance from it while some who want to keep their air clean can use soy wax. So, in short, your candles can be made in many different ways, but what is more important is these 3 ingredients: wax, a container and a wick.
Before you start making the candle, most importantly get all the materials ready for the same. It is very easy to get the candle making kit which can help you get everything that you need. If you are looking for one than you can check the site of Aussie Candle Supplieswhich have the entire kit of candle making materials for your convenience. They also have a wide range of natural soy waxes, candle waxes, wicks, raw materials, essential oils, dyes, and many more.
The next thing
What you need to do is to select an area or a place where you would be doing this work. you will have to cover the surface with a newspaper or a brown paper bag. For all the first- time makers, the following instructions will help you make the exact candles of your choice:
- Keep ready the following 2 equipment: A Gas stove and a Pot
- Keep the materials ready:
- Wax (paraffin, soy wax, beeswax or gel)
- A wick (which can of the length 20-55 mm for small candles or 65 to 75mm for medium ones and up to 100 mm for a large candle)
- Container or moulds (the most common ones being the metal mould which is easy to be used and of the best quality too)
- Colour and fragrances (optional)
- Firstly, you need to place the wick in the container in which you want to make the candle.
- The next thing is to pour the wax into the pot and place it over the gas stove to heat it up. You can now add colours and fragrances as per your choice.
- Next, pour the melted wax into the container. You can make use of the skewer to keep the wax in place.
- Let them cool down and then cut down the wick to the size that you want.
After you have made your first candle
You will start getting confident to try some new adventures in making them. All you need to be sure that you choose the right colour and fragrance that you need. You can then start customizing your candles with differently scented fragrances or essential oil which can bring more variations to your candles.