A web application development requires careful planning and three main principles to follow.
- From the customer’s point of view – a web application must be simple, visually pleasing, and address most of their queries.
- From the business point of view – a web application should be aligned with the market and be the best fit.
- From the software engineer’s point of view – a web application must be scalable, withstand heavy traffic, and functional.
All these principles are taken care of in web application architecture. It plays a major role while developing a web application. An internet user sees a web page on the system. There are various interactions between various applications components, middleware systems, user interface, browser, and server for serving the web page. The entire framework is tied up together, called the web architecture. In short, the flow of processes includes the user browsing through URL from the browser, and then browser initiates a search. So, while designing a web application, its architecture plays an essential role.
Let us discuss the architecture working here. Also, be aware that a web application development company helps to create optimized architecture for your application.
The web application works with client and server technologies. It has two independent sets of executed programs separately but concurrently with the same goal to deliver solutions. The two programs are:
- The browser code acts as a pathway to get user inputs.
- The server code that works as per the request of the HTTPS.
It means that web developers will decide on the browsers and server’s code functions and the communication between them to process the user request.
Web application architecture are of three types:
Let’s discuss each of the following.
- Single Page Application (SPA) – In the current era of simplicity, single page web applications are quite popular. Most applications require only the essential content. SPA provides a greater interactive user experience that allows dynamic interaction between the SPA and the user.
- Microservices – Executing single page application and specific functionality through the microservices architecture framework, enables developers to develop applications faster and great efficiency. Many components are developed using various coding languages, there is greater flexibility to choose the right technology.
- Serverless Architecture –A serverless architecture allows applications to execute without connecting to infrastructure. Here, the developers do not have to manage the backend servers that exist in the third-party infrastructure.
Components of web application architecture :
When a web application is developed using any architecture, it has its components for its smooth functioning. Web application architecture contains various components that are divided into two categories. They are:
- User interface app components
- Structural components
Let’s discuss each of them.
- User Interface App Components –These components are a web page reference with a specific role related to settings, display, and configurations. User interface components are related to those components related to interface or user experience instead of development. It deals with dashboards, notifications, logs, settings, etc.
- Structural Components – The web application’s structural components refer to the application’s functionality where users interacts and the database triggers. Structural components have got to do with the architecture’s structural aspects. It contains:
- Web application server – The web application server takes care of the central hub with the entire business logic and is usually a multi-layer application built using PHP, Python, .NET, etc.
- Database server – The database server provides the business logic along with the appliable data store in the server. The database server stores retrieve and provides the required information.
So, web server architecture is all about an ideal layout of a web server that initiates the design, development, and deployment of a web server. The primary role is to agree on the client request, including browsers and mobile apps through secure protocols. The request could be anything. Web servers are essential to the web apps working, and that mandates the webserver architecture, including server’s storage, memory, performance, etc. It could be either inside the server or across the network.
Let us now move on to the various web server architecture.
- Java web application architecture –
Java web application architecture has the asset of being a functional programming language. It is more prevalent in the enterprise development environment. For any web application, the requirements differ, and based on the requirements, the solutions could be either simple applications or multi-tiered applications. Irrespective of the application’s nature and complexity, Java web application architecture is an ideal platform for developers who look forward to developing solutions and deliver it as per the expectations. This architecture relies on Java native frameworks and tools.
- Cloud-based web application architecture –
The migration to the cloud application has made it necessary for a cloud-based architecture to benefit all applications. Cloud-based architecture has resulted in the decoupling of data. It performs various function and stores information on the cloud and local servers.
- Node.js web application architecture – This architecture has the model view pattern, controller, and presenter. It permits the pattern creation to identify code elements and to configure various elements aside from routing. Node.js web application architecture relies on the entity-relationship to ensure that the application is executed through data systematization, chunking logic in modules, and dividing the code. The main advantage of using Node.js web application architecture is that it helps develop scalable web applications.
- .NET web application architecture –The .NET web application architecture handles requirements that include cross-platform support, micro services, docker containers, and versioning. The framework’s main highlight is the capacity to store data without having to apply any database code.
- AngularJS web application architecture – The AngularJS web application architecture works in a dual mode for TypeScript and HTML as a platform and acting as a framework. It includes a better user experience with lazy loading along with reducing the code size.
- PHP web application architecture – The PHP web application architecture seems to be the least complex in development and using highly functional development languages. PHP architecture allows swift development, robust security, easy maintenance, a dedicated framework, and extended support from the developer’s community.
- Laravel web development – Another PHP web framework, Laravel adopts the model view controller architectural pattern, and its syntax is creative, elegant, and expressive. It provides a simplified web development process by offering session authentications, better routing, and caching. Due to this, it takes less time to complete projects. It also helps to increase traffic and includes many flexible features.
- Python web frameworks – Python, initiates the web applications development with short and concise code that is easy to read and maintain. Hence, Python is the favourite among developers for server-side scripting. Python also speeds up the web application. Python also helps in customizing web applications by using multiple Python web frameworks.
As web progresses, the frameworks and technologies associated also progresses. Modern web application development has replaced traditional structure and the components. Hence, it is required that you select the right architecture while you build a web application.