QuickBooks is an accounting software system solution designed mainly for small- and medium-sized businesses. The software package is designed, developed, and marketed by Intuit inc., and is known for providing on-premises yet as cloud-based accounting applications. The platform expeditiously manages bills and transactions, accepts business payments, and handles payroll functions.
Recently, QuickBooks 2022 Release date is 12 Oct 2021 and 28 Sept 2021 for only ProAdvisor with all versions..
Starting June 1st, 2021, the corporate can discontinue all access to add-on services on its desktop version for Windows. This includes all of the older versions of the accounting platform, just like the pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions of QuickBooks Desktop.
What is Meant by Service Discontinuation?
Service discontinuation means when may 31, 2021, you won’t be ready to use or have access to services or products like QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, on-line Backup, Live Support, on-line Banking, etc., through the version of QuickBooks Desktop. this is applicable to each of the Mac and computer versions of the software.
This also means you’ll not receive any new, critical security updates any more from June 1, 2021. Therefore, if you receive any new security updates before this date, go ahead and install them. Otherwise, your QuickBooks software is going to be vulnerable to data breaches and cybersecurity threats.
If you don’t use any add-on services, your application can continue operating for you. however you won’t be ready to subscribe to any live technical support solutions when 31, 2021. Further, you won’t be ready to integrate the other intuit services with the QuickBooks Desktop software system.
Earlier in 2018, intuit also created the official announcement of discontinuing its QuickBooks Desktop 2016 application.
To continue managing your accounts and bookkeeping, you wish to modify a more recent version of the software to gain complete access to more advanced options, like receiving the latest security updates.
List of All the Services to be out of print
Apart from the QuickBooks Desktop version for Windows 2018, some alternative intuit services and products also will be discontinued. Below is the list of all of the QuickBooks services which will be full of service discontinuation this year.
Products to be discontinued when may 31, 2021
- QuickBooks Desktop pro
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier (Contractor, General Business, manufacturing & Wholesale, professional Services, Nonprofit, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Premier accountant Edition 2018
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18
Products to be discontinued when february 2, 2021
- QuickBooks Desktop purpose of Sale 12.0 payments services
In short, if you want to continue mistreating QuickBooks’ add-on services, you want to upgrade to the newest QuickBooks Desktop version.
Products which will stay in service
- QuickBooks Desktop pro and Premier 2021, 2020, 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop accountant 2021, 2020, 2019
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 21, 20, 19
- QuickBooks Desktop purpose of Sales 18.0 and 19.0
new software system to avoid discontinuation of my business processes
The best way to avoid termination of your core business operations, like accounting, is to modify a later version of QuickBooks; as an example, QuickBooks online. because of the discontinuation, you won’t be ready to troubleshoot any problems which will arise in your QuickBooks Desktop 2018 application. If you upgrade to a more recent QuickBooks version, all of your data from the recent version can get transferred.
QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks on-line.
QuickBooks on-line is packed with a host of good and advanced options that definitely build it higher than QuickBooks Desktop. a number of these include –
- Anytime anyplace Access: using QuickBooks on-line, you’ll be able to gain on-the-go access to your business from any platform or device. As an example, you’ll be able to manage your customers, expenses, invoices, accounting, etc., right from your mobile device. This feature is great for business owners operating multiple stores or business locations.
- Faster Reconciliation: The credit card process feature of QuickBooks is meant to integrate with QuickBooks on-line expeditiously, therefore eliminating cumbersome manual data entry tasks.
- Upload Receipts from Your Smartphone: The most effective issue concerning QuickBooks on-line is that users will take photos of their receipts on their mobile device and upload them instantly to their QuickBooks account. It suggests that you do not need to scan your receipts each time you mistreat large scanners.
- No Installation Required: You don’t have to be compelled to install any applications to use QuickBooks on-line on your desktop or laptop computer. it’s completely web-based, and you’ll be able to access it from any browser of your selection.
- Easy Integration: you’ll be able to integrate your QuickBooks on-line platform with alternative very important business software systems or tools. it’ll assist you gain full management over your business and provide you powerful practicality for your core processes.
QuickBooks services and merchandise
QuickBooks Desktop 2021 comes with a spread of recent options designed to spice up your productivity. These options assist you to remain additional organized and targeted, whereas saving you time and energy.
system necessities for upgrading to a more recent version of QuickBooks Desktop
To upgrade to a more recent version of QuickBooks Desktop, you’ll want –
- Hardware and OS necessities (both client and server)
- Processor: a minimum of 2.4 GHz
- RAM: Minimum 4GB; 8GB recommended
- Disk Space: 2.5GB (additional disc space needed for data files)
- Windows: US version, Natively put in
- Screen Resolution: Optimized for 1280 x 1024 or higher, and Default DPI setting
- Optical Drive: For physical CD installations, a 4X DVD-ROM drive is needed (unless you download the software system from the intuit server).
- Browser Requirements: web internet 11 (32-bit) and internet access.
What will happen to my company information
When you upgrade to a more recent version of QuickBooks, you’ll be prompted to convert your company file. Throughout the conversion method, all of your information is going to be protected using precautionary measures. QuickBooks can check the integrity of your data files, and even build a backup of your very important information before the upgrade method is initiated.
How long can it take to upgrade?
Typically, it takes less than an hour to upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop version and your company file. The time taken depends on however giant your company file is. when the installation method ends, you’ll be prompted to activate it, and so you’re good to go!