The career scope is diversifying by leaps and bounds. There is no fixed course or training left which every student should pursue. If any student wants to make a career in unexplored jobs then it is possible now! If you have an interest in studying and pursuing a career in forestry then BSc forestry is the perfect course for you. But, along with choosing the right course, it is also important to choose the right institution which can mold you as a professional.
Baba Farid Institute of Technology is one of the best BSc forestry colleges in India affiliated with HNB Gharwal Central University. They offer a 4-year full-time Undergraduate course that is segregated into eight semesters.BSc forestry course spreads awareness about the newly developed technologies in the field of forestry. To pursue this course, you need to pass 10+2 from a recognized educational board with the minimum marks required which is 50%.
Key features of BFIT as a BSc Forestry College
Every institution has its specialties in terms of imparting education. But, what makes BFIT different from other forestry colleges is the way it delivers training by providing the best resources to the BSc students. Let’s have a look at the key features of what makes BFIT one of the best BSc forestry colleges in India.
- Top-Notch Faculty
Faculty works as a pillar for any learning, it plays a vital part in the learning process especially when you have taken a unique road. BFIT has employed a cultural community of teachers from 29 different states and 26 different countries. They are well-researched experts to keep the students updated with the latest BSc forestry syllabus.
- Assortment of E-Resources
BFIT believes in sustainable technology as the students can have access to the BSc forestry syllabus. The E-Resources may include the Reference Sources, Bibliographic Sources, Statistical Sources, Subject Coverage, etc. All these resources are available through more information for the help of users.
- Regular Workshops and Seminars
BFIT offers a variety of workshops for the students of BSc and for the other programs as well as keeping in mind the latest technologies and developments of the forestry industry. Till now more than 35 Workshops have been conducted on-demand topics including technical & non-technical topics which can help the students in getting good opportunities.
- Well Equipped Laboratories
It is a must for the BSc forestry students to have a well-equipped laboratory where they can experiment deeply about the knowledge of forestry studies. Each fab with furnished equipment gives practical knowledge to the students so they can understand deeper and better.
- Effective Evaluation System
It’s the evaluation system that can make or break the concepts of the students. As one of the best BSc forestry colleges in India, BFIT makes sure the evaluation system of the students should be globally acceptable with the “scientific, objective and transparent” approach with the least chance of subjectivity.
BSc forestry syllabus offered by BFIT group of institutions
BSc forestry is a four-year-old undergraduate program. The program is segregated yearly wise and each year has two semesters with further allocates the subjects for better understanding let’s have a look at the BSc forestry syllabus structure:
- Fundamentals of Geology and Soil Science
- Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Introductory Botany
- Basic Mathematics
- Principles of Plant physiology
- Structural Grammar and Spoken English (NC)
- Environmental Science
- Principles of Cytology and Genetics
- Principles of Hydrology, Soil and Water Conversation
- Chemistry and Fertility of Forest Soils
- Fundamentals of Horticulture
- Fundamental of Extension Education
- Elementary Statistic and Computer Application
- Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
- Forest Engineering & Survey
- Wood Anatomy
- Logging and Ergonomics
- Soil Survey, Remote Sensing & Watershed Development
- Forest Mensuration
- Introductory Forest Economics
- Tree Physiology
- Tree Seed Technology
- Principles and Practices of Silviculture
- Wood Science and Technology
- Wood Products & Utilization
- Silviculture of Indian Trees
- Nursery Management & Commercial Forestry
- Fundamentals of WildLife
- Forest Pathology
- Forest Ecology, Biodiversity & Conservation
- NCC/ SSS
- Fundamental Forest Business Managements
- Rangeland Management
- Silvicultural Systems
- Plantation Forestry
- World Forestry Systems
- Wildlife Management
- Experimental techniques in Forestry
- Tribology and Anthropology
- Forest Management, Policy, and Legislation
- Principles and Methods of Tree Improvement
- Utilization of Non-timber Forest Products
- Agroforestry Systems and Management
- Forest Entomology and Nematology
- Entrepreneurship Development and Communication Skills
- Marketing and Trade of Forest Produce
- Principles of Forest Economics, Project Planning and Evaluation
Seventh & eight-semester
Forestry Work Experience
Socioeconomic Surveys (Village attachment )
Field Training (Attachment with State Forest Department)
Hands-on Training (Institutional)
Hands-on Training (Forest-Based Industries )
Report Writing & Presentation
We understand, getting admission to one of the best BSc forestry colleges in India would be your topmost priority. Enroll yourself in the BFIT group of institutions and make your dream career come true!