Many people are on the lookout for fulfilling careers. Instead of working a traditional nine-to-five job, they want to do something worthwhile and interesting. People who are good at communication, are empathetic, and like to help others should consider becoming a spiritual life coach. This field is very rewarding and can help you earn a comfortable income as well.
What is Spiritual Life Coaching?
When you ask people about spiritual life coaching, they probably won’t be able to tell you much about it. It is considered a somewhat nebulous field by most, which is inaccurate. Spiritual life coaching is the process of helping people find their true inner selves. That can be more challenging than it first appears because we’re all used to being distracted by outward forces like responsibilities, bad advice, environmental factors, etc.
A spiritual coach works past all of that distraction and noise to reach the inner core of a person. Here’s how you can help people struggling with life and careers:
- Understanding what they truly want by taking an in-depth look at their desires, goals, and motivations.
- Identifying weaknesses that can become roadblocks towards achieving success.
- Identifying strengths that can help the client achieve their targets.
- Coming up with a detailed roadmap on how to achieve those targets effectively.
- Removing roadblocks and eliminating bad habits that can stall a client’s progress.
A spiritual coach doesn’t just focus on boosting productivity and making the client more efficient. While that is a consequence of this approach, it isn’t the end goal. A skilled and experienced spiritual life coach will focus on a more holistic approach.
Just focusing on goals and productivity can easily lead to burnout and exhaustion, which can have long-term consequences. A coach will help clients healthily reach their life goals. The intention is to improve the entire self instead of just focusing on certain aspects of self.
Coaches take time to understand a client’s deepest motivations, the very building blocks of their character. These foundations form during early childhood, usually between the ages of 0 and 7 years. Most people don’t even realize what is holding them back and how to counteract it.
Understanding the foundation helps clients develop a strategy to hack their core. A coach will help them change, improve, and add to this foundation wherever necessary. This approach is more effective than just treating the surface symptoms that hold people back.
Proper training and experience can help a spiritual life coach understand this process and use it to help others.
Spiritual Life Coaching
So you’ve decided that coaching is something you can enjoy and take up as a fulfilling career. What next? Do you simply offer services as a life coach or do you need some formal certifications?
Many people don’t know much about spiritual life coaching and what sort of qualifications they need to become a successful professional in this field. Fortunately, there are many comprehensive courses available that can help you establish a strong foundation. Here’s a look at what these courses can teach you:
- Creating trust with a client so there’s a smooth and honest rapport.
- Communicating effectively with people to help them get in touch with their truest selves.
- Deep listening to understand the nuances of the conversation.
- Principle-based coaching to help clients get in touch with their authentic spiritual self.
- Focus on inner strengths to develop actionable goals and targets.
- Decoding human behavior to understand what holds them back and how to resolve the situation.
These are just some of the many ways in which a spiritual life coach can help people become more focused, centered, and productive. As a coach, it is your responsibility to guide clients towards self-realization. Spiritual life coaching isn’t like a self-help book or a training program. A professional in the field works with the client on an equal footing to understand what makes them tick.
A well-trained and qualified spiritual life coach can have a big impact on a person’s life and help them get on a healthier path. If this is something you want to do, being a coach is the best profession for you. Consider getting training from effective platforms like Evercoach. You can learn under a team of experienced professionals.