There are many kinds of modern blinds that have been introduced recently in the market, but Venetian blinds are still the most classic design choice for your home. In this article, let us address Venetian window blinds, their purpose and how it works. We are also going to discuss how to keep it clean.
Venetian blinds are one of the most common kinds of blinds available for modern homes, though they have the longest history of use in homes and old buildings of all styles. There’s something different about these that makes them the best choice and an attractive one.
Venetian blinds have a simple structure: they have horizontal slats made of wood or sometimes metal and tied on ladder cords. They can easily control the amount of light entering the rooms and are also easy to operate.
Benefits of Venetian Blinds:
Venetian blinds are common in offices, bathrooms, and kitchens among other places. What makes it so popular? Let us discuss its benefits in our lives.
- Suitable for any size or shape of the window: Irrespective of the shape and size of the window, you can easily find a Venetian blind of the right measurement to fit it. Most blinder manufacturers offer customization options for the same.
- Easy to use: Venetian blinds are absolutely easy to use with the help of the cords that come along. You can also opt for motorized blinds that can be controlled remotely, making things much easier.
- Comfortable to clean: You don’t have to break a sweat cleaning these blinds. You will learn more about cleaning Venetian blinds in the next section.
- Easy to facilitate privacy and light control: You can be assured of privacy whenever needed and you can also control the amount of light entering the room. The most advanced motorized Venetian blinds also come with a function wherein you can set the time for opening or closing and it automatically operates accordingly.
- Affordable and accessible: These blinds are easily available indoor and window treatment stores. You can also find them online. Further, they are affordable and cost-saving in the long run.
- Available in many shapes and designs: Venetian blinds are available in many shapes and designs, so you can easily get one to suit your home décor and style.
With these many advantages, Venetian blinds are no doubt the go-to option for many homeowners alike.
How to Clean Venetian Blinds?
Blinds are a common window covering, added with a decorative punch to protect your privacy and allow you to control the amount of light that enters the room. If you are thinking about how to clean Venetian window blinds, listed below are some tips that can help you pull it off with ease.
No matter what kind of style of blinds you have, vacuum them with the brush attachment every time you clean the house. Not many people do such a thing and this means you’ll need to clean them deeply just two times a year; it also increases their durability and saves your money in the long term.
Ways to Clean Specific Kind of Blinds
Here are a few tips to clean different kinds of blinds:
Wipe wood blinds with a clammy cloth and dip them in the vinegar. Vinegar does cut through any dirt hard; it’s also a natural antimicrobial. Wipe the blinds to dry fast to prevent wrapping or discoloring that could possibly happen. Coat them with a wood conditioner to protect them from sun damage.
It’s easy to clean blinds made from aluminum and vinyl by washing them in the tub with a little amount of cleaning liquid and warm water. Let the blinds soak well and then scrub them carefully with a sponge.
Do not forget to drain the water. Refill the tub and let them soak again to ensure that there is no grime left. Post that, drain the tub again and dry the blinds with towels. You can also hang them to dry them on the lawn. You should let them dry completely before using them again.
You have to clean vertical blinds using the same method that we mentioned before for faux-wood blinds, if not they’re fabric, and then keep in mind to follow the instructions for cleaning fabric blinds. For getting a quick pick-me-up while cleanings, you need to use a lint roller on the slats – it will be a quick way to pick up cobwebs and dust.
Cleaning blinds cannot just be another chore that many of us miss doing regularly. Many people find it daunting to clean blinds and are concerned that they may be ruined while cleaning. Practicing to clean them on a regular basis can maintain them in the best condition throughout their lifetime by the tips and tricks addressed above.