When summer time arrives, there is no better way to make your skin look fresh and healthy than with a little help from sunscreen. But, have you ever thought about using sunscreen as a base for your makeup? It may sound weird at first but it works well! In this blog post, I’m going to tell you why I started using sunscreen as my foundation and what the benefits are.
What is a sunscreen makeup base?
It’s a product that you put on your skin before putting any other makeup on. The point of using one is to use the sunscreen as an artificial filter and protect against UV rays from harming your skin when wearing make-up all day long.
What are the different types of sunscreen makeup base?
There are different types of sunscreen makeup base, but it depends on your skin type and what you’re looking for. For people with oily or combination skin, a water-based liquid foundation can be used as a sunscreen because it is thinner than other foundations.
A cream makeup base will work better for those who have dryer skin due to the moisturizing properties of the cream.
Why should I wear this?
There are several reasons why you may want to start wearing a sunscreen makeup base:
· The first is to protect your skin from the sun. You may be wearing it during a sunny day or going on vacation so you want to keep your skin looking its best for as long as possible and avoid wrinkles, age spots, uneven pigmentation, leathering of the skin (a condition where the outermost surface layer of skin dries and hardens) or any of the other negative effects that come from prolonged sun exposure.
· The second reason is to keep your makeup on for longer periods. One thing we know about sweating is it can cause our makeup to fade, slide off our face, or end up under-eye circles you’re trying so hard to avoid.
· The third reason is to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays when you are not wearing eye shadow or eyeliner. The sun’s rays can damage the delicate tissues inside of our eyes which could lead to serious complications such as cataracts, macular degeneration, and blindness.
· Sunscreen makeup will help keep your skin moisturized and healthy which will help prevent premature aging. This is a great alternative to sunscreen lotion that you have to apply every few hours, or worse yet, suffer the consequences of spending too much time in the sun without protection.
· Sunscreen makeup base is great for people who use a lot of makeup, or those who work in an environment that requires frequent touch-ups throughout the day (such as teachers). It also provides SPF protection against UVA and UVB rays from harming your skin when you don’t have time to reapply sunscreen.
Cream makeup bases are also great because they can be applied with your fingers instead of brushes which means less chance of bacteria and breakouts. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, this is it!
click here for more interesting articles