Many gyms, trainers and online fitness classes claim to provide the best service in town. Many of them also guarantee to provide maximum benefits in minimal time. Many people tend to get stuck in these false claims of attaining maximum advantages in less time with minimal effort. The result is bad shape, no improvement in the body or it may even lead to a negative influence on one’s health and mind. Some trainers with inadequate knowledge and lack of correct information may force the trainees to do incorrect exercises and follow a bad regime.
Trainees must ensure that their trainers advise them and make them follow the best suitable routine and exercise according to their stamina and power. Trainees must keep a check on their routine and ensure that it does not hurt their body and health in any manner.
The alarming signals of a bad personal trainer are listed below-
- Suggesting or selling supplements– It is not necessary to consume artificial nutrients to get into the desired shape. If the trainer forces them to consume certain supplements, it is mandatory that trainees must carefully calculate their nutritional benefits and consume them with the advice of a proper specialist.
- Only promoting one training style– If the trainer forces you to work on a certain body part and not focus on other parts then definitely this is a wrong start. For overall health, it is important that the trainer focuses on the complete body, ensuring flexibility, balance, coordination, agility and strength.
- Promise quick results– There are innumerable online fitness training classes that guarantee magical results with minimal effort and training. Without putting in effort, it is impossible to get into the desired shape. A good trainer will make the hard decision to address false hopes and dreams. He will make sure that the trainee does not give up on combined efforts and training. Improving flexibility takes time, increasing stamina demands effort and balancing requires immense hard work and patience.
- They don’t communicate well- A good trainer must ensure proper communication with his/her trainees. He must educate the trainee with appropriate information and unknown facts. It is visible in many online fitness classes that the trainers don’t communicate well. This is a danger sign and people must refrain from attending such batches.
- There is no emphasis on nutrition– Only training will do no good until one emphasizes proper nutrition and sleep. One may not get the desired results if he/she does not follow a proper routine with appropriate nutrition and rest. This is quite common in online fitness classes these days. Many online trainers simply make the trainees learn a few exercises and do not teach the things to take care of while doing them at home. Training without expert guidance may lead to drastic results.
- Emphasis on intensity over form– Many trainers focus on the number of lifts, or how hard one pushes himself/herself or how heavyweights one can lift. Every person has a certain comfort zone, it is essential that the trainers must identify them and proceed accordingly.
If a certain training method does not suit one, the trainers must change their course of action and execution technique. A trainer must identify weak zones of his/her trainee and implement certain plans for better improvement.
- Body shaming to motivate– Some trainees try to body shame their clients to motivate them to do better. This strategy does not work pretty well. The intentions of the trainers are pure, but their course of action is quite disappointing. Body shaming does more bad than good. It has a negative influence on the trainees and they tend to start doubting themselves and develop a feeling of guilt and inadequacy. Many people tend to lose confidence and lose self-respect. This in turn would have a detrimental effect on the mental well-being of the individual.
Due to these reasons, many individuals find it difficult to find the best gym or fitness classes near them. It is important that they keep in mind all these points when they come across any new personal trainer.
Amit Dahiya, a young, determined trainer native of a small city did wonders at many national platforms. His success is a combination of hard work, commitment, patience, efforts and proper guidance.
A combination of a good teacher and hard-working student can do wonders. Many renowned wrestlers, shooters, cricketers, gymnasts and athletes could redefine history with a proper blend of all these attributes.