Many parents dream of going on vacation with their children in a motorhome. Traveling by caravan gives you a feeling of total freedom. In France, more than 65,000 motorhomes are sold each year. More than half are used. Here are some tips to help you choose between a new or used motorhome.
How to choose the model of your motorhome?
There are several models of motorhomes (overcab, low profile, integral, van, etc.). Your caravan should be purchased according to your needs. The main criteria that you must take into account are your budget and the composition of your family. The campervans are rather reserved for trips for two because they have a spartan equipment. The overcab models are ideal for a family of 4 to 7 people.
The profile is a very spacious aerodynamic model. It is perfect for families with young children. The integral is very well appointed. It is the most expensive model. It costs around 30,000 euros. It is ideal for families of four. To help you make a choice, consult the list of the many motorhomes for sale on https://www.ypocamp.fr.
The essential documents to buy a motorhome
After purchasing your motorhome, you will need to collect several documents from the seller’s company :
- The gray card: It must contain the words “sold on … (date and time)” as well as the signature of the former owner.
- The copy of the transfer certificate: this is the document that makes it possible to formalize the change of owner
- The certificate of administrative situation: It must be issued by the prefecture.
- The technical inspection report: It is only necessary if the vehicle is over 4 years old.
- The warranty booklet (only if the motorhome is less than 2 years old)
- The “tightness” guarantee (if the vehicle is less than 5 years old)
- Maintenance invoices
- The user manual