The SAP MM module, as the term implies, manages the materials that are needed, processed and produced in the factories. This system allows you to manage different types of purchasing processes. Some popular subcategories in the SAP MM module include Key Vendor Data, Consumption Based Planning, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Invoice Validation, and more.
SAP Materials Management (MM) is an ERP solution that provides an organized and structured material management process. SAP MM Online Training in India is ideal for professionals who manage materials in organizations. SAP MM Online Training demonstrates the professional ability to use a solution for effective material management.
One of the most important SAP modules – MM Material Management – includes supply chain infrastructure including requisitions, goods receipts, purchase orders, inventory management, raw material master, finished goods, accounts payable, and more.
Materials Management Module (SAP MM) includes all master data, system configuration and transactions to complete the purchase process before payment. This process map is developed based on the final verification proposal and invoices provided by the MRP.
Components of SAP MM:
Given below are some of the SAP MM Components-
- Purchasing: MM procurement tasks include supplying foreign materials and services, identifying possible sources of supply, and monitoring supplies and payments to suppliers.
- Master Data: The end user has the original data that tracks each transaction in the data. The main MM data includes a main seller record, a main material record, and a main purchase record.
- Invoice Verification: All activities related to billing processes, such as receiving an invoice from a salesperson, automatic billing, and direct delivery of materials, are performed in this part of the material management invoice approval configuration.
- Evaluation of Materials: All transactions, including changes in material prices, various types of valuation like LIFO, FIFO, and the minimum amount are related to the valuation of materials.
- Inventory Management: In this module, you perform inventory management activities, including inventory receipts, internal transfers (goods movements), issues, and inventory reservations.
Features of SAP MM:
The capabilities of the SAP MM System are mentioned below-
- SAP MM is one of the SAP modules and is used to manage inventory and materials.
- Materials management as a process does not guarantee material shortages or any gaps in the organization’s supply chain process. SAP MM accelerates purchasing and materials management, simplifying trade, providing complete savings in time and money.
- It does this by managing the materials (products and/or services) and resources of the organization in order to increase productivity and reduce costs. At the same time, SAP MM is diverse enough to make frequent changes in any business environment.
- This process deals with the purchasing process, invoice verification, inventory management, planning required materials, master data (Master & Vendor Master), material accounting and valuation, and much more.
SAP MM Training:
With the SAP MM Course in Gurgaon, you can learn about one of the most important SAP modules, which is infrastructure MM (Materials Management) – Supply Chain Management (SCM). The SAP MM course enables you to understand the process of completing supply chain management, which helps an organization to optimize inventory and make the procurement process more efficient. This course focuses on the direct purchase process for planning the required materials and from purchasing to pricing.
The course will cover the following content-
- Introduction to SAP and SAP MM
- Material Management Concepts
- Purchasing Requitions
- Structure of Rfq And Quotation
- Purchase Orders
- Optimized Purchasing
- Reporting In Purchasing
- Condition Types
- Material Requirement Planning
- Quota Arrangement
- Vendor Evaluation
- Logistics Invoice Verification
- External Service Management
- QM In Procurement
SAP MM is part of the logistics functions and helps manage an organization’s purchasing activities. The SAP MM course provides important knowledge that consists of several components and sub-components, including core data, consumption-based planning, material evaluation, purchasing and inventory, and invoice verification.