Are you considering getting a facelift that results in a refreshed and younger appearance in your skin? Well, what if we tell you it’s possible to achieve this through your body’s natural ability by boosting it? And, of course, with some help from a licensed PRP professional. Many people have been trying this non-surgical technique to reverse aging and damaged skin. A comparison of PRP facial before and after will show what a transformation that this magical therapy does. In essence, you’ll appreciate the outcome.
Most medical spas offer this advanced technology that provides an array of benefits that compounds all the advantages of traditional facials. Follow on as we explore the help of this phenomenon.
What is PRP?
Platelet-rich plasma is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from separating plasma from the blood. And it’s centrifuged to isolate the red blood cells. Plasma contains proteins believed to support the growth of cells. And this is why PRP is for long known to promote healing.
PRP has also become a popular cosmetic option for those who want to treat the problem areas such as wrinkles. It helps damaged, aging skin to generate new collagen and elastin. And this results in a glowing, refreshed, and more youthful-looking appearance.
Benefits of PRP Facial
Increases collagen production
Our body needs collagen, a protein found in the skin, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. But this tends to diminish as you age. PRP facial boosts this collagen.
Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
With PRP facials, these lines gradually fade away as the old skin cells get recycled.
PRP procedure doesn’t require an invasive procedure. It’s a quick, painless process that puts you back almost immediately on your daily activities.
Enhances skin tone and texture
As PRP helps the body generate new skin cells, people with stretch marks, acne scars, and any other skin problem can identify and appreciate the PRP facial before and after results.
An injection of PRP in your body helps stimulate the growth of new healthy cells while promoting healing. According to the researcher’s perception, as tissue growth factors are more concentrated, these body tissues heal faster. Although it’s not a proven treatment, famous athletes such as Tiger Woods are known to use this to help heal injuries.
How’s PRP Facial Performed?
The ‘vampire’ facial, as known by many, involves drawing your blood and separating platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from other blood components. It’s a pretty simple process where your doctor starts by taking your ‘before the treatment’ photo to track results. Then numbs your face using a topical cream, and while numbing, your practitioner will draw some blood from your arm.
The next step will be spinning the blood to separate the platelet-rich plasma from other blood components. After close to 40 minutes of numbing your face, the doctor will create tiny nicks in your skin. The last stage involves slathering the plasma on your face hence the name vampire face.
Guidelines to Follow Before PRP Facial Therapy
- Your skin should be clean and makeup-free for approximately 24 hours before your therapy.
- Do not expose yourself to direct sunlight for at least 24 hours before your treatment.
- If a zit pop-up before your PRP facial, visit your therapist. He will assess and advise if it’s okay to go on with your therapy.
- You should avoid Retin-A products for 12 hours before your treatment.
Feel free to discuss with your doctor any other PRP facial before and after concerns.
Guidelines to Follow After PRP Facial Therapy
It’s crucial to follow PRP facial before and after guidelines for best results.
- Wash your face a couple of hours following your PRP therapy to get rid of any blood residues left on your skin. Be sure to use lukewarm water and apply a gentle motion.
- Keep off from the scorching sun.
- Expect to experience dry and tight skin for 24 to 48 hours following your therapy.
- Stay away from alcohol-based toners for 1 – 2 weeks to prevent drying your skin.
- You can apply makeup and sunscreen at least 6 hours after your procedure.
- Sleep on your back and raise your head for 1 – 2 days following your treatment to reduce bruising.
- Avoid touching the treatment area for 6 hours.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have any concerns about the treatment.
In Conclusion, it’s crucial to have PRP facial performed by skilled professionals for optimal results. They’ll offer PRP facial before and after instructions which come in handy for ideal results. Remember to keep your skin hydrated and protected from the sun to enjoy rejuvenated skin that leaves you feeling younger. Schedule your PRP facial appointment today!