Yoga has countless Asana and Pranayama techniques to help you enjoy good physical and mental health. The use of proper posture and deep breathing offers numerous benefits that improve your cardiovascular health. One of the prevalent medical problems affecting millions around the world these days is that of low blood pressure.
The causes of low blood pressure range from dehydration to other serious medical issues. Low blood pressure is treatable and yoga offers you a natural way to get rid of this issue. You can include some yoga for low BP to bring this condition under control without pharmaceuticals.
With that said, let us find out how exactly yoga can help you get rid of Hypotension.
Low Blood Pressure – In Brief
In medical terms, low blood pressure is a medical condition where your blood pressure falls below 90/60. The symptoms you experience in this condition include dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, depression, fatigue, and dehydration among others.
However, the condition of low blood pressure can develop due to several reasons. In normal circumstances, the doctor prescribes medication to deal with the issue. However, you can get rid of this issue by making yoga for low BP a part of your everyday life.
Low blood pressure is also the result of prolonged bed rest, low blood volume, allergic reaction, heart problems, and anemia. Fortunately, you have yoga to help you get rid of this health issue.
Yoga For Low Blood Pressure
The sacred art of yoga has numerous asanas that help you treat low BP. Yoga offers a calming effect to your brain and rids the body of all tension and stress. Moreover, yoga for low BP improves blood circulation and keeps you from fainting or feeling dizzy by bringing the blood pressure back to normal.
Also read: Why to registered yoga school in India?
With that said, given below are three yoga asanas you can do to treat the condition of low blood pressure.
1. Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
Low blood pressure is often the result of dehydration which further leads to heart failure. Matsyasana is a sleeping yoga pose that helps you get rid of this symptom of low blood pressure.
Steps To Do Fish Pose
- Lie flat on the yoga mat. Bend your knees and keep both feet flat on the mat.
- Straighten your legs. Place your arms on either side.
- Slowly raise your hips off the mat. Place your hands under each hip.
- Bend your elbows and push your upper body off the mat. Exhale as you are doing this.
- Raise your chest and tilt your head backward.
- Hold this pose for the count of five. Inhale while coming back to the mat.
2. Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
If you are looking for yoga for low BP asana that improves the blood flow to your brain and calms down the nervous system, try the Camel Pose.
Steps To Do Camel Pose
- Kneel on the yoga mat. Press your shin into the mat so that it is flat.
- Place your hands on either side of your pelvis. Keep both your fingers pointing downwards.
- Both your palms have to be resting on top of your hip bone.
- Push your tailbone downward and forward. Keep your upper body upright.
- Inhale and tilt your head back with the chin pointing towards the ceiling.
- Lean back and form an inward inch arch with your back. Place your palms on the soles of your feet.
- Hold this pose for at least 15 seconds and come back to the original position.
3. Uttanasana (Forward Bending Pose)
This is the best yoga asana to improve blood flow to your brain, thyroid, and pituitary glands. It helps you control blood pressure and brings it back to normal levels.
Steps To Forward Bending Pose
- Stand straight on the yoga mat. Inhale and bring your arms upwards from the front to above your head.
- Bend forward completely. Push the buttocks back till your palms are touching the floor and your forehead touches the knees.
- You can also bend the knees a little. Remain in this pose for as long as you are comfortable.
- Inhale and bring your arms slowly above your head. Raise your upper body.
- Exhale. Bring your arms down slowly.
Low Blood Pressure is a serious medical condition and must be treated right away without delay. You should do the above-mentioned yoga for low BP poses to treat this health issue.
Read more: Enjoy A Good Night Sleep With Yoga Nidra