Have you been facing trouble with your Netgear Internet WiFi router? Do you have no idea how to resolve it? If your answer is yes, then don’t worry. You are not the only one facing this issue. It is one of the common problems faced by most Netgear users.
Are you having second thoughts about your Netgear router? Well, the Netgear routers are among the leading choices of many individuals. They are designed and built with next-generation technology to provide you with the best experience. Being the reason, they top the list of most popular networking devices.
The problem arises when you notice that routerlogin.net not working properly. It might be frustrating, but you need to have patience because every problem has a solution. Anyhow, to resolve this problem, you can follow the tips and suggestions mentioned below.
But, before that, let us have a look at the reasons for the improper working of your router.
Reasons Behind Netgear Router Not Working
It is essential to identify the reasons behind the malfunctioning of the router. Therefore, below are the various factors that might contribute to impact the connectivity through your Netgear Router:
- Overheating of the router
- Outdated firmware
- Incorrect router settings
- A fault in the Ethernet cable
- Hardware issues with the device
These all could be the reasons behind the improper functioning of your Netgear router. Now, you can use the following tips and suggestions to resolve the problem.
Tips for Troubleshooting the Netgear Router Not Connecting to Internet Issue
Following are some of the general or advanced tips that might help you in troubleshooting the router not connecting to internet issues:
General Tips and Suggestions
- Make sure that your Netgear router is well connected to the modem.
- Ensure that the connecting cables are not damaged. In case, they are, get them replaced immediately.
- Keep a check on the internet connectivity of the WiFi router. If anything wrong, contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Make sure that the router and modem are placed in the same room.
- Avoid placing the router near refrigerators, televisions, baby monitors, cellular phones, etc. to avoid WiFi interference.
- Ensure that both your devices(modem & Router) are placed far from the thick walls and corners.
- Another reason for trouble might be overheating of the router. Thus, place the router in a well-ventilated room.
- Instead of routerlogin net, try using the default IP address in the address bar for logging in to your device.
Technical Tips and Suggestions
- Make sure that you are typing the correct web/IP address in the address bar.
- Check whether all the LED lights on your router are stable. In case they are not, cross-check the power connection.
- Make sure that you have followed the prescribed steps for routerlogin.net setup process.
- Apart from this, keep a check on the firmware update of your device before logging in to it.
- Clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your web browser.
- Moreover, install antivirus software on your computer.
- If the issue persists, then the factory reset option can be a day saver. Read the manual for the instructions for factory resetting your WiFi router.
Still Netgear Router not Working Properly?
Even after all the inspections at your end, are you unable to troubleshoot the Netgear router not working problem? If so, there is something seriously wrong with your device. In that situation, drop us a line into the comments section. We will ask technical experts to be of some help to you!
The Bottom Line
Thus, the above tips like checking the Ethernet cable, updating the firmware, restarting the network, using the correct web/IP address are the first-hand approach through which you can resolve the Netgear router not working problem at your end.