● Firstly, you will be required to place your wireless Extender and home wifi router in the same room.
● Secondly, get an Ethernet cable. You will need it to connect your Extender and router.
● Try to plug your Extender into your power outlet and turn it on. At the same time, turn your home router on as well.
● Out of the installed web browsers, open one on your laptop or computer.
● In the web address bar, type mywifiext. Click on the Go.
● After the new extender page appears, you will see the fields for username and password.
● If you are using the Netgear range extender setup for the first time, we recommend using the default login credentials.
● Once you have logged in, select the wifi network you would want to extend.
● To move ahead, click on Continue.
● Now, enter your security settings which will be required for your wireless network.
● Following that, type the password in the Passphrase field and click Continue.
● To apply the setting changes, wait for the Extender. In the final step, click on the Finish button to complete the new extender setup process.
Thus, in this manner, you would perform Netgear wifi extender setup while using an Ethernet connection. For the new and extended wifi network name, it will be Netgear_ext (SSID). Hence, you would now be able to connect all your WiFi-enabled devices to the new wireless network. This will allow you to enjoy a high-speed internet connection in all corners of your home or your office space.
Common Issues Faced in the Process of Netgear Extender Setup
● Unable to access the web user interface of Extender
● Weak wifi signals even after successful Netgear wifi extender setup
● Inability in accessing the Extender’s configuration page
● An LED light on the Extender refuses to turn on
● Login problems with the wifi extender
● Disconnection of Extender
● Setting up Netgear wifi extender using MAC OS X or any other iOS device
● Not Knowing the default username and password of the Extender
● Connected Extender but internet not working
● Incorrect Password error despite entering the correct password
● Connectivity issues with the internet at the time of new extender setup
● Netgear AC1200 extender setup page not working
● Extender won’t connect with the internet
● Mywifiext not showing any maintenance tab
● Unable to find Netgear_ext SSID
● Netgear extender not connected with the router
● Repeated ‘You are not connected to the Extender’s network’ error.
Resetting Netgear Extender
Despite your best efforts, there is always a possibility when things may go wrong, and you may be unable to perform your wifi extender set up correctly. In such a circumstance, do not panic. All you need to do is do a factory reset on your wireless Extender once. It will help you to get rid of all kinds of technical issues. But before that, the thing to remember is that it will remove all types of customized settings such as pre-saved username, password, security settings, and network name (SSID). For this reason, therefore, we recommend you note down all the customized setting values which were present before the resetting.
To reset your wifi range extender, go through the steps given below:
Step 1. Firstly, you need to ensure that your Extender is turned on.
Step 2. Secondly, try to find the reset button on your wifi extender.
Step 3. Thirdly, press the reset button. If you find it hard to do it conventionally, you may attempt pushing with the help of a paper clip or tiny object.
Step 4. In the last step, wait for some time. This will help the Extender to get reset properly. Thus, in this way, you would be able to reset your wifi extender.