The Netgear Genie Setup Genie is an application that Netgear has designed. It is primarily for managing and installing the extender on the available network. It is effortless to open the Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard. All you need to do is make one click from your computer or laptop browser. Also, you will need to ensure that you have proper internet connectivity on the computer system. You will see that the moment the new extender gets connected with, you will get to have high-speed internet access on every device you connect with it subsequently.
Stay Connected to Netgear Genie Setup
When you try to connect the hardware to the network with the help of your computer or laptop, you will see that the web browser will automatically direct you to the Netgear Genie Setup page. If you see that the page fails to load up by itself, do not worry. This is a very usual thing and can happen at any time. You will need to enter the extender setup wizard address manually to log in to the ‘Mywiext.net’ page. You should remember that you should avoid spelling mistakes in the URL at all costs. Otherwise, the page will not open. After you are done entering the URL, you will need to tap ‘Enter.’ You will see that a Genie setup page will open on your computer screen.
Steps To Do Netgear Genie Setup
- Firstly, you will need to connect the extender. For this, you can use the network’s provided SSID.
- Secondly, you will see that all the available SSID’s within the network will be on your display screen of the Genie interface.
- At this point, you’ll need to select the name of the network. It will have to be the one for which you would want to enhance the signal strength. Once you are done, click on ‘Continue.’
- If you have enabled any passkey for your router, you will need to enter the password in the specific space provided for that.
- You will see that the router supports two frequencies. These two are mainly 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz. We recommend that you select ‘5 GHz’ from the list.
- With this, you will get the ‘Settings’ page on the screen. This will happen as soon as the connection between the router and the extender gets strong establishment. When you confirm the settings to be finally done, then click ‘OK’ to proceed.
- Soon after this, you will see a new window appearing on the screen. You could click on any part which would indicate that the connection is successfully disconnected from the HOME NETGEAR EXTENDER SETUP NETGEAR GENIE SETUP 192.168.1.250 TROUBLESHOOTING BLOG PC.
- Continuing furtherwith the process, try to connect the extender to the router by entering the password.
- Finally, you will need to exit the Genie setup wizard by clicking on the ‘Finish.’
The Difference between Netgear Genie and Netgear Genie Smart Setup
There is not a lot of difference between the Genie and the Genie smart setup when it comes to it. The Genie app helps to manage and organize the networking devices from the application. On the other hand, the Genie smart setup acts as an interface for configuring a new extender on the home network.
Once you have the Genie app already installed on your smartphone or tablet, it helps you monitor and control the wireless network easily. This could be situated either at your home or at your corporate office. It is very convenient, too, as you download the app from any major platform like Windows, Android, iOS, and Mac. In case you are a new user and do not feel very confident, even then, you could easily use the application without having to count on any expert guidance.
Apart from changing the password and the SSID, you could also make some changes in the parental control settings. You could also start and pause the internet access. Besides this, you could also diagnose the issues which could be related to the network. Do not forget to check the things mentioned below from the Genie app.
- Know the downloading speed of your network.
- Access the network map to check the number of devices connected.
- Perform a speed test on the network.
- Create a guest network for family or friends.
- Set parental controls.
- Different Access tools like Traceroute, DNS lookup, and computer profile.
Are you facing a problem with Netgear Genie Smart wizard?
If you are unable to access the Genie Smart setup wizard on your computer, follow the steps mentioned here:
- Firstly, check whether the extender has a connection to a network or not.
- Secondly, delete any temporary data, cookies, or cache from the web browser.
- Thirdly, check if the computer has an enabled network connection. If you see that it is not turned on, then switch it on.
- Fourthly, enter the address in the address space. You will see it directly instead of having to enter it in the search bar given on the browser.
- As the fifth step, try to connect to the Genie setup with the help of another browser.
- Continuing with the process further, restart your extender or router.
- Now would be the perfect time to update the router’s firmware to the latest version. You can do this by visiting the Netgear update page.
- Lastly, reset the extender to the factory default settings.
Genie Not Working?
If your Genie is not working, then do not hesitate to contact the experts. Our team of experts is dedicated to solving customer issues instantly and efficiently.