Canon printers are one of the printers that have earned a reputation in the technology market. Due to its performance and efficiency, compared with other printers, this printer has shown its high efficiency potential in the competition. Setting up a Canon Pixma wireless printer is very easy, but there are still some users who find it difficult to install printer drivers in Mac or Windows operating systems. But Canon printer users do not have to worry, because we have a certified technical team, they will not only solve these problems, but also ensure that these technical problems will not occur in the future. Therefore, one of our technicians suggested some troubleshooting steps in the Setup Canon Printer on Mac OS below.
Troubleshooting steps for setting up a Canon printer on Mac OS:
- Open an Internet browser and visit the Canon printer official website.
- After visiting the website, move the cursor to the left and select a support option.
- Now the screen will ask you to select the current location of the printer.
- Now select “Consumer and Home Office” to continue with the other steps.
- Now select the product line dialog option, and then select “Printers and MFPs” from there.
- After that, select the Canon printer series for which you want to install the printer driver.
- Now click on the “Driver and Software” option for the printer model you want to install now.
- Scroll down the cursor bar and select the Mac operating system.
- A download link will appear on the screen.
- Click the download link, and the driver will automatically be downloaded to the system.
- After downloading the driver, double-click the file and follow the instructions on the screen to set up the Canon printer on the Mac operating system.
Therefore, following these simple troubleshooting steps, any user of the Canon Pixma wireless printer can install the printer driver on the Mac.
How to Fix Installation Error with Canon Printer
The multinational giant from Japan is ruling the world of imaging and optical products; we all know the name Canon. Canon printer is the leading company in printers and peripherals. The commitment from Canon comes with its product quality and services. This is really better than with any other competing company.
Use Canon printers to fix installation errors when you are considering buying a printer; Canon has a variety of products to meet your needs. You can get a range of printers from Canon. They have black-and-white printers, color printers, laser printers, all-in-one printers, and so on. You can get a new printer and start printing. Before printing for the first time, you must install a printer on your computer. When you try to install a Canon printer on your computer but an error occurs. Printer installation errors are common. In fact, if you install a Canon printer on another computer; you may receive an installation error.
Before we, find the solution to fix this error, we need to understand the reason or possible causes. Why such error occurred?
Reasons for installation error with Canon printer
- The printer driver configuration is incorrect or faulty.
- The driver is not compatible with your printer or Windows.
- The driver entry in the Windows registry is incorrect.
- The printer driver file has been damaged or infected by some malware
When you get an error while installing a canon printer on your computer; there must of any of these reasons. You can easily fix it on your own. The first thing you need to check after the installation error is, your printer should be compatible with your computer and operating system. The minimum system configuration should match with your computer system. Once you are done with checking the technical aspects; you need to move to a driver or printer’s software.
Your driver should be the latest version and compatible with your Windows OS. You can also download the latest version from Canon’s official website; you should avoid downloading it from any third party website. Once you will get the latest driver; connect your printer and switch it on. And then, you need to follow these steps to install your printer’s driver.
Steps to Install Canon Printer Easily:
- First connect the printer to the computer, and then open the control panel.
- In the control panel, you must double-click the printer or printer and fax icon.
- In the printer window, just click the add printer icon.
- Through the above steps, you will get the Windows Printer Wizard, and then click the Next button to start the wizard.
- After that, you can choose to install a local or network printer.
- You can choose according to your needs, and then click the Next button.
- If your Windows cannot find the driver, please find the location of the printer driver from your local hard drive.
- Then click it and follow the instructions on the screen.
- This will fix the printer error. installation
If you have any issues with the installation of canon setup, Contact Canon Printer customer Support and service team for help.