Air conditioning is an advanced technology that primarily alters the properties of the surrounding air in a room and makes it comfortable and favorable. This is therefore very crucial in everyday living and without this, the quality of life can deteriorate to a great level.
The air conditioning units have indeed become very crucial and popular in most households. They are being used in all climates and the servicing of these units are required from time to time for ensuring that they are always maintained in the best and proper working condition.
Installing an air conditioner unit is not just enough. You require to maintain it in a proper condition and to ensure it is running well and gives you the best service for years, here are the common mistakes that people usually commit with their air conditioning units:
- Not servicing the air conditioning system annually – You can watch online video tutorials regarding cleaning your air conditioning unit’s coils as well as fins. The necessary maintenance operations are to be conducted and this is necessary for keeping the air conditioning system in a good condition and keep it running perfectly for years. You can hire a pro for servicing the air conditioning unit at least once in a year.
- Not having a proper programmable thermostat – This is another very common mistake that many people commit. A programmable thermostat would help you in saving a lot on your power bills as this would automatically reduce or raise the temperature of the air conditioner as per the temperature inside and outside of the house.
- Not being able to take the right and proper advantage of the fans – You must be having ceiling fans in your house. You can use the fans intelligently to keep the cool air circulating across your house. This majorly removes the overall burden from your air conditioning system.
- The air conditioning unit’s vents and thermostats are not positioned properly – If the thermostat is placed incorrectly, then your air conditioning unit would end up working overtime due to the displacement. The vents also need to be placed in a way that the flow of air is not obstructed.
- Cooling unoccupied rooms is a mistake – In case the air conditioning vents in your house are open in a particular room daily, then this is a big mistake that you are committing. You should close those AC vents that are open if the room is unoccupied.
- Not placing curtains or blinds in your windows – The bright sunlight in your room with system would neutralize the level of cooling maintained by the air conditioning system. So, closing the windows with the sliding curtains and blinds to block the sun rays is very necessary for effective cooling your room.
- Setting the thermostat of the air conditioning unit too low – The human body is naturally programmed to adapt to the cool and hot temperatures very quickly. When you are considering cutting down your power bill to at least 3%, then you should raise the temperature by one degree. This is worth sweating during the adjustment period.
Some of the Services that are Being Offered by the Air Conditioning Technicians
There are several services that are being provided by the air conditioning technicians. Some of these are as follows:
- Gas logs
- Electronic thermostats
- Air cleaning
- Refrigeration equipment
- Water heaters
- Maintenance and repair of heat exchanger
- Cooling at low temperature
- Detecting the Freon leakage
- Cleaning of the ducts
- Analyzing energy surveys
- Cleaning of the air filters
You should always try and avoid theses common mistakes that are discussed here for maintaining your air conditioning unit in a proper working condition for years. So, you should not ignore these pointers and always opt for professional help for maintaining your air conditioning unit.