Data says 10% of the world population faces skin problems. In India skin problems are very common and a large number of Indians get them. General Physicians are well equipped to identify and treat common skin conditions that affect the skin. However, there are certain skin conditions which are complex and require consultation with a skin doctor or dermatologist. These include conditions like severe acne, or where skin problem diagnosis and prolonged treatment is required.
Today, in order to consult a skin specialist, you can just go for online consultation, which will help you save your time, energy and keep you safe from virus infection. Whether you need general advice on good skin care or have an itchy skin rash, acne, eczema, rosacea, worried about a mole, skin cancer, infections, pigmentation problems, hair loss, etc – online skin consultation with experienced doctors are available for you. Through online consultation you can connect with a top doctor in 60 seconds through audio or video call.
Skin, the largest organ in the human body, is susceptible to a vast range of diseases including allergies, rashes, insect bites, scrapes, hives, sores and boils. Common conditions that online skin consultation platforms address are-
- Cold Sore
- Insect Bites
- Sun Burn
- Sores & Boils
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Skin Issues / Rashes
Key benefits of online skin consultation
- You can book a session and ask the dermatologist without the need for a referral from your doctor.
- The price for consulting a dermatologist online is much less than in-person consultation.
- You have the option of talking to a dermatologist on the phone.
- You can check out patients’ feedback on doctors on the online consultation platforms.
- You can consult a dermatologist in confidence and your personal details will not be shared.
- Online skin care specialists can give expert advice for any type of Dermatological issue.
- You can also go for an online chat with doctor
You can get Online Doctor Consultation from an array of websites and apps, but it is important to understand which one is reliable and effective and have the best online doctors. You can use the following parameters to judge the quality of service being provided –
- Doctors’ profile
- Data safety
- Cost involved
- Doctors’ availability when required
- Device agnosticism
- Availability of free follow-up consultation
- Service Quality
- Doctors are thoroughly vetted and have high credibility
- Steps involved and time taken in setting up consultation
- Option to schedule an appointment at convenient time
- Tie ups if any with organizations of repute
How online skin consulting platforms diagnose –
- Using videoconferencing service doctors visually diagnose the condition by observing patterns, features and symptoms.
- Using the camera that sends high-resolution pictures, helps doctors make better diagnosis as well as monitor recovery.
- Once the diagnosis of the patient’s condition is made doctors usually prescribe home remedies or medical treatment. Common recommended treatments include topical ointments, creams, prescription medications and household ingredients.
The covid-19 pandemic has resulted in a marked shift towards online consultation with doctors and practitioners pivoting to the digital medium. Today, dermatologists as well as skin experts are deftly using online consultation to diagnose patients. Skin specialists feel that a hybrid model of video-calls, still photography and regular communication which yields nearly the similar results, while ensuring fewer risks compared to clinic visits, might be the way forward.
The Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL), has published guidelines for doctors and practitioners to enable seamless online consultation.
The guidelines include –
- Patients must fill a questionnaire delineating their medical history.
- Patients also need to sign a declaration of being ready for such a consultation.
- Pictures of the parts affected with the problem will be asked for, with consent.
- A brief medical history is asked for, covering those related to skin and hair.
- The patients are ensured that their personal information is safe.
Also Read: How to care for your newborn – Hygiene, Organic Baby Food & Others