In a time where hackers are looking for different ways to break into wireless networks, know that your network isn’t that safe. You won’t even get to know when or how someone accesses your WiFi network and steals your personal information. To prevent this from happening, it is recommended that you secure the network of your Linksys WiFi extender. The first step to protect your wireless network from potential threats is to change the login password of your Linksys device. Keep reading to learn how to change your Linksys extender default login password.
How to Change Linksys Extender Login Password?
Here are the instructions you need to follow to change the password of your Linksys extender in 5 minutes:
- Before you start with the process of changing the login password, make sure that your Linksys WiFi extender is properly connected to the router.
- Now, switch on your computer and open a random web browser on it. You are free to use any web browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari).
- In the address bar of your chosen web browser, type extender.linksys.com and press the Enter key.
- Just in case you face any issues while trying to access extender.linksys.com, it is advised you make use of the default IP address.
- As soon as you hit Enter, you will be redirected to the Linksys extender login screen.
- When prompted, enter the default login password of your WiFi extender and hit Log In.
- Then, go to Settings and head over to the Management section.
- Enter the new password you want your WiFi extender to have and click on the Confirm button.
- Re-enter the new password and click on the Save button to save your changes.
Note: If you do not click on the Save button, your changes won’t become effective.
If you follow the aforementioned instructions carefully, you’ll surely be able to change the login password of your Linksys WiFi extender. Once the process of changing the default login password finishes, your Linksys extender will restart.
What to Keep in Mind While Changing Linksys Login Password?
Though changing the login password of a Linksys extenders isn’t that hard, some users still find the task daunting. To ensure that you don’t have the same fate, keep the following things in mind while changing the password of your WiFi device:
- Make sure that your Linksys extender is well connected to the WiFi router. Do not make the mistake of connecting your devices using a wireless source. Instead, use a cable to connect them.
- Ensure that the password you’re giving to your WiFi device is strong and unique. Avoid using your personal details like full name, birth date, father’s name, etc in the new password.
- Once you are done changing the login password of your Linksys WiFi extender, create a Guest Network account. Doing so will keep your guests and neighbors away from accessing your main network.
- Access the Linksys extenders setup wizard and update the firmware of your device before you change the password. Otherwise, you’ll come across unnecessary issues while trying to change the default login password of your extender.
- Make sure that the new password you assign to your device is easy for you to remember.
Keeping these points in mind will help you change the password of your device and secure its wireless network from unauthorized users without facing any issues.
Changing the password of your Linksys WiFi extender, every now and then, is a good idea. Doing so will ensure that your wireless network stays protected from potential threats. If you want to secure the network of your Linksys router too, then access the Linksys router login page, go to the Password section, and follow the same instructions mentioned above.