Canon Printer Software Download is an exceptionally significant stage of preparing your cutting-edge Canon Printers for its delightful user experience.
Downloading the Canon Printer Software through its official website is the most common and effective method. This method is fast and user-friendly which doesn’t require any technical know-how. Moreover, if you have a Mac Device. Then, this is the only option for you.
However, it is essential to acquire some important details before proceeding for the actual process. In other words, you must have the following information in order to begin the Canon Printer Software Download procedure.
- In the very first place, you will need your Printer’s Product Type, Model Number and Series Name. All these details are available on your Printing Machine. For this, simply check the front or sides of your Printer. Additionally, the details are available on the Printer Package. Besides that, your Printer’s Invoice also contains all this information.
- Along with the Printer’s Information, you will need the Operating System of your Computer. In other words, get the correct Name and Version of your System’s Operating System.
Quick and Convenient Downloading Process
In order to go to any website, you will need an Internet Browser. An Internet Browser is a software application that is required to acquire any information over the World Wide Web Network. As a user, when you try to access any Webpage of a specific website. Then, this application fetches the desired content from the respective site’s web server. Thereafter, it showcases that webpage on your screen. In other words, it allows you to access various websites.
There are various Internet Browsers available for users. For example, Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, Mozilla’s Firefox, Google’s Chrome, and Apple’s Safari. Your Computer may have one or more of these Browsers installed on it. If you look at the very bottom of your Monitor Screen on the left-hand side, you will find a list of icons. This includes the Browser icon for one of the available options. In order to proceed further with the Canon Printer Software Download process, simply click on one of them. This will open the desired Internet Browser. However, in the event that you can’t locate it here. Then, check your Desktop for it.
But in the case of Mac users, Apple’s Safari might be the only option. Although, it is also located at your System’s “Taskbar”. However, here the Taskbar is located at your Monitor Screen’s upper section. In order to open the Browser, simply click on the respective icon i.e. on the Safari logo.
Launch Canon’s Official Website –
As explained earlier, the chosen Internet Browser will help you in accessing the required Website for Canon Printer Software Download. Therefore, proceed further by locating the Address Bar of your Browser. In other words, go to the very top of the Browser window. Here, you will notice a long text bar running across its length. Hence, place your cursor over it and click on it. Thereafter, enter the correct URL for it which is “ij-start-canon”. After that, when you hit the “Enter” key. This will lead you to its official website.
Bring up its “Support” Webpage –
Wait until the webpage loads completely. Thereafter, look at the upper section of this window. Here, you will find some buttons to access its various web pages. One of them will say “Support”. This link will help you in accessing its Support Menu box for Canon Printer Software Download. Hence, click on it.
Select “Drivers & Downloads” –
This Menu box gives you various Support options for Canon Products. For instance, Support Home, Canon Printer Drivers & Downloads, Manuals, Service & Repair, About Support, Canon Professional Services (CPS) etc. Here, you must opt for the “Drivers & Downloads” tab.
Locate Your Canon Printer’s Model Number
This is the most important stage of the downloading procedure. As such, it needs your complete attention. Before starting this process, you must have gathered certain details of your Printer including its Model Number. However, in case you haven’t located it earlier. Then, look for the same on the front or sides of your Printer. Alternatively, check your Printer Package or Invoice.
You can easily identify your Printer’s Model Number which consists of a string of alphanumeric characters. The Model Number follows an easily identifiable Series Name. For instance, PIXMA, LASER, MAXIFY, or SELPHY etc.
Now, type in this Model Number in the Search Bar provided on this webpage. Make sure to enter it correctly. Thereafter, click on the “Go” button besides the Search Bar. Alternatively, it provides you a list of all the available Canon Products. Hence, select your Product Type as the first step. In other words, click on the “Printers” option. Following that, you will get all the available Printer Models under various Series Name. As such, choose the correct Printer Model Number.
Go To The “Drivers & Downloads” Section
The following window gives you links to access different web pages for your selected Printer Model Number. For instance, Canon Printer Drivers & Downloads, Manuals, Need Service etc. Hence, choose the “Drivers & Downloads” option.
Specify Your “Language”
In the very first place, click on the drop-down box besides the “Language” tab. Now, make an appropriate selection as per your preference. The following details of Canon Printer Software, its Setup File and the Installed Software will be available in this selected “Language”.
Choose The “Operating System”
Apart from the “Language” drop-down box, it also seeks your Computer’s OS details. As such, click on the respective drop-down box. Then, choose the OS used by your Computer. This is very important as the Driver Package and its Installation process varies according to your Computer’s OS.
Select The Software Category
In addition to that, this window will give you various alternatives of Canon Printer Software. In other words, you will see the tabs for Drivers, Software, Firmware, Utilities, and SDK. These are the various categories of software required for the optimum functioning of your Printer. As such, you can select any of the given sections. However, the best practise is to download the complete Driver Package. This package is available under the “Drivers” section. Hence, opt got it above other options.
As you select the “Drivers” section, it brings up all the available Canon Printer Software meant for downloading. In other words, you may get various Driver software options. Here, you should look for the holistic Driver Setup Package. Then, click on the “Select” tab next to the selected option. This will expand its Menu box which displays all the necessary details of the Driver Package.
Review The Details
This window gives you the size of the Canon Printer Software Package along with other details. This is essential as your System must have sufficient Hard Disk Space for downloading this software. Hence, carefully review the same along with additional information. Not only that, it also provides you with a link to access a detailed set of instructions. As such, you can click on the respective link to get a clear understanding of the essential process.
Begin The Downloading Process
Along with all the required details, this window also provides a secure link for downloading the Canon Printer Software. In other words, search for the highlighted “Download” button. Now, click on this tab to initiate the downloading process.
Select The Options To Save The Setup File
As you select the “Download” tab for starting the required procedure, it will bring up a pop-up window. Here, you may get a few options like Save As, Run and Save etc. as per your Browser. You may get this window only in case your System is not set for Default Download location. However, in most cases, your System has a pre-specified download location. As such, you will not get this option.
But, if you have got this option. Then, you will have to give a preferred location to save the downloaded software file. For this, simply click on the given tab that says “Save As”. Following that, click on the “Browse” tab to open your System’s File Folder. Thereafter, select a System Location of your choice.
The last step will start the downloading process for the selected Canon Printer Software. However, this process may take several minutes to finish. As such, you will have to patiently wait for the completion of this process.
How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi?
Standard Setup Method
- In order to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi, turn on your Computer, Router and Printer. Make sure the Printer’s “Power Lamp” is lit with green-coloured light and stable.
- Insert the accompanied Installation CD in your Computer’s CD Drive.
- As a result, it will bring up its Auto-play window. In case it doesn’t turn up. Then, click on the CD icon on your System’s CD-drive.
- Now, click “Run” when you get the Security Prompt window.
- As such, it will bring up the Installer window. Hence, click “Next” in order to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi.
- Follow on-screen instructions until you get the “Connection Method Selection” window. Click “Network Connection” to proceed further.
- Next, you must click on the “Wireless Connection” tab.
- The following window will prompt you to turn on your Canon. As such, turn it on if it is switched off. For this, make sure it is hooked to a stable Power Source by means of its Power Cable. Switch on the Wall Socket. Then, press its “Power” button. This will turn on its Power Lamp.
- Thereafter, click “Next” to proceed with the process to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi.
- The following window will prompt you for “Printer Setup”. Hence, choose the “Connect To The Network” option.
- As a result, you will get the “Setup Procedure Selection” window. This window gives you the option to choose either the “WPS” or “Cableless Setup” method. Now, select the “Cableless Setup” option which is the most convenient method.
- After that, go to the Control Panel of your Printer. Now, look for its WiFi button. Press it till its “Power Lamp” flashes twice. Thereafter, Release it.
- Subsequently, get back to your Computer. On the following window, it will prompt you to proceed further if you properly complete the last step. As such, click “Next”. Alternatively, you will have to repeat the last process. For this, simply click “Start Again”.
- Consequently, the blue “WiFi Lamp” of your Printer will start flashing. However, its “Power Lamp” will remain stable. Now, start the Setup process by clicking on the “Next” tab.
- In order to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi, you will have to wait for the completion of this Setup procedure. Meanwhile, the Internet Connection will be temporarily disabled.
- On the following “Select Your Place of Residence” window, make an appropriate selection. Then, click “Next”.
- Thereafter, specify your “Country” correctly. Then, click “Next”.
- When you get the list of available software for Installation, click on the “Select All” tab.
- Following that, it specifies the Hard Disk required to save the installed software. Hence, make a note of it and ensure that your system has sufficient space. Then, click “Next”.
- Now, you will get the “License Agreement” window. As such, carefully review its terms. Then, click “Yes”.
- On the following Firewall Settings window, click “Next”.
- Consequently, the System will detect your Canon Printer and connect to it. At times, it may require you to repeat this process multiple times. For this, click “Redetect”.
- When you get the “Setup Completion” window, look for the “Model Number” of your Printer and the “Network’s SSID(Name)”. Make sure the details are correct. Then, click “Complete”.
- After that, follow on-screen instructions and complete the “Print Head Alignment Recommended”, “User Registration” and “Extended Survey Program” process.
- Finally, click “Exit” to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi.
WPS Push-button Method
- In order to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi, turn on your Router and Canon Printer.
- Go to the “Control Panel” of your Printer. Then, search for its Wireless button. This will be a push-button with a “Wireless” icon.
- Now, Press and Hold this button till the corresponding “Lamp” starts blinking. After that, Release it.
- As a result, the Indicator Light will turn blue.
- Thereafter, access your Router. Now, go to its WPS Push-button. Press and Hold it for a while. Here, it is important to ensure that you execute this step within two minutes of performing the last step.
- Consequently, the Canon Printers Indicator Light will blink constantly. This shows that the Printer is trying to locate available Networks.
- Following that, the Power Lamp of your Printer will also start blinking along with its Indicator Lamp. It shows that the Printer is trying to connect with the Network.
- Next, you will have to wait until both the Lamps stop blinking. But, they will remain lit and stable.
- Finally, this concludes the procedure to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi.
This is another method to connect Canon Printer to WiFi without any hassle. This method supports Canon Printers that come with a touchpad Control Panel. Moreover, it is a simple method wherein you just have to make some selections from the Printer’s Display Panel. As a result, the Printer will automatically detect the available Network and connect to it. However, in case of Password protected Networks, you will have to provide the correct Password.
Wifi Direct Method
This is one of the simplest methods to connect Canon Printer to WiFi Network. For this method, your Canon Printer must have the “Wifi Direct” button which is available in most of the recent Models. Besides that, your Router must be equipped with a WPS Push-button.
After this process you can use this link canon/ijsetup to download the printer driver for your windows or mac pc.