Here is an easy way to connect your PlayStation 4 to your laptop screen so that you can enjoy your console games on your laptop. One would think that connecting an HDMI cable to the laptop would do the job. Still, most laptops only have one HDMI output; that is, they can only transmit the audio and video signal to another device (such as a projector, for example) but not receive it from an external device. But there is an application that will allow you to use your laptop as a monitor for your PlayStation 4, and this is all you have to know to use it.
Everything you needPS4 Remote Play is an application that you can install on your laptop to play titles from your PlayStation 4 remotely. It is available for both Windows and macOS, and you can download it at the following link. This is all you need to start using it:
- A laptop with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. If you use a Mac, you must have one of the following versions of the operating system installed: High Sierra, Mojave or the most recent Catalina
- PlayStation 4 console with version 7.00
- DualShock 4 and the USB cable to connect it to your laptop. You can also connect it via Bluetooth if you prefer
- An active PlayStation Network account
- Internet connection. It is best to use an ethernet cable on both your console and your PS4, but if you use a WIFI connection, you should make sure that the download and upload speed is at least 5 Mbps
Set up your PlayStation 4Before connecting your PS4 to your laptop, you must configure it to work correctly with the application. All you have to do is:
- Activate Remote Play. Go to your PS4, then to Remote Play connection settings, and select the box to activate Remote Play.
- Select your PS4 as your main console. Go to Settings, then Account Settings, and finally choose the option to activate your PS4 as your main console.
- To start Remote Play when your console is in sleep mode, do the following: Settings, then Power saving settings, and finally Select options available in sleep mode. Check the checkboxes Stay connected to the internet and Allow to turn on PS4 from Network