Read Time:2 Minute, 28 Second
Everything you needPS4 Remote Play is an application that you can install on your laptop to play titles from your PlayStation 4 remotely. It is available for both Windows and macOS, and you can download it at the following link. This is all you need to start using it:
- A laptop with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. If you use a Mac, you must have one of the following versions of the operating system installed: High Sierra, Mojave or the most recent Catalina
- PlayStation 4 console with version 7.00
- DualShock 4 and the USB cable to connect it to your laptop. You can also connect it via Bluetooth if you prefer
- An active PlayStation Network account
- Internet connection. It is best to use an ethernet cable on both your console and your PS4, but if you use a WIFI connection, you should make sure that the download and upload speed is at least 5 Mbps
Set up your PlayStation 4Before connecting your PS4 to your laptop, you must configure it to work correctly with the application. All you have to do is:
- Activate Remote Play. Go to your PS4, then to Remote Play connection settings, and select the box to activate Remote Play.
- Select your PS4 as your main console. Go to Settings, then Account Settings, and finally choose the option to activate your PS4 as your main console.
- To start Remote Play when your console is in sleep mode, do the following: Settings, then Power saving settings, and finally Select options available in sleep mode. Check the checkboxes Stay connected to the internet and Allow to turn on PS4 from Network