If you wish to connect your HP Deskjet 2542 printer to Wi-Fi on mac, then read on. You can either establish a connection using a USB cable or you can use the WPS push button method to connect your printer to Mac wirelessly. Here, we are going to discuss both methods one by one. So, let’s get started.
How to Connect HP DeskJet Printer to Wi-Fi on Mac Using the WPS Push Button Method?
The process to connect your HP printer device to a wireless network is very simple and straightforward. Follow the simple steps mentioned here for HP Deskjet 2542 Printer wireless setup in Mac.
- First of all, turn on your printer and then check whether the drivers installed are updated or not.
- Now, connect your computer to Wi-Fi.
- After that, open the control panel of your printer and then press the wireless button. Now, go to the menu of “wireless settings”.
- Then, select the Wi-Fi-protected setup option. After that, you need to search for the WPS button on your router.
- Wait for the printer to send you the prompt and then press the WPS button.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings menu of your printer and then select the PIN option.
- Note the PIN appearing on the control panel of your printer and then enter it on your router.
How to Perform the HP Deskjet 2542 Printer Setup on Mac Using a USB Cable?
A lot of Mac devices are compatible with the AirPrint facility. To begin with the setup procedure, you need to connect your HP DeskJet 2542 printer machine to Wi-Fi. Follow the steps mentioned below to connect your printer to Mac using a USB cable.
- Press the wireless button on your printer machine.
- Now, take a USB cable and connect its one end to the side port on your printer and the other end to the USB port on your computer.
- After that, open the document that you want to print.
- Now, choose your printer from the list of available printers.
- This will connect your printer to Mac.
So, these are the two different procedures that you need to follow in order to perform HP Deskjet 2542 Printer wireless setup in Mac. Both the procedures are simple and will help you complete the setup process easily and quickly.