Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi system is taking over the world by storm. Offering high-speed internet, it is a surefire way to extend the signals of your existing wireless network. However, if you don’t want to experience any glitch with your Orbi Mesh system, it is recommended that you secure its network.
In this article, you’ll find everything required to manage and secure the network of your Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi system. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get started, shall we?
Steps to Secure Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi System Network
Managing and securing your Orbi isn’t that big of a deal. All you need to do is, tweak some of its settings , and you are good to go. So, go through the steps mentioned below and learn how to keep your Orbi Mesh WiFi network safe and sound:
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi system is the first thing that you should do to make its wireless network secure. So, follow the below-outlined instructions, and learn how to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update:
- First of all, ensure that your Netgear Orbi is getting a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Also, make sure that your Orbi router and the existing modem are properly connected.
- Switch on your PC and open an internet browser.
- In the address bar of your internet browser, type orbilogin net, and hit Enter.
- The Netgear Orbi login page will come into view.
- Fill in the default username and password in the given fields.
- Hit Log In to get redirected to the BASIC Home screen.
In this manner, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi system.
Change the Default Password
Another thing that can help you safeguard the network of your Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi system, is changing its default password. Wondering how to do that? Wonder no more! Simply follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Switch on your computer and open Google Chrome on it.
- Perform Netgear Orbi login.
- Once logged in, head over to the Settings option located at the top right corner.
- Go to Wireless Settings.
- Under the Password field, enter the password you want to give to your device.
- Hit Apply.
- In a minute or two, your changes will get saved.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you won’t face any issues while trying to change the default admin password of your Netgear Orbi router.
Create a Guest Network
Last but not least, if your guests love to visit you on weekends, then make sure that you create a guest network for them, if they demand your WiFi password. Doing so will not only save you from sharing your WiFi network credentials but also stop them from accessing your main network.
Here are the steps that’ll help you set up a guest WiFi network:
- Launch any web browser on your computer.
- Log in to your Netgear Orbi system using the default username and password.
Note: If you are unsure regarding the default admin credentials of your Netgear WiFi router, refer to the user manual that came with your device.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, click Settings > Guest Network.
- Select Enable Guest Network.
- Type a new name in the Guest Wireless Network Name (SSID) in order to change the network name.
- Click Apply and wait for your changes to get saved.
These were some of the topmost ways through which you can manage and secure the network of your Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi system. We hope that this post helped you in securing the network of your WiFi device without any hassle. If you enjoyed reading this article, we would appreciate it if you drop a word of gratitude in the comment section.