Moving heavy and bulky loads of machinery, furniture and other objects can be a big nightmare. Lifting such heavy-weighted bulky items is one of the major causes of severe injury in the workplace. However, hiring advanced lifting equipment services in Houston will eliminate the probabilities of injuries caused by lifting heavy objects. This is the only professional way that can ensure a fast turnaround time as well as reduce any mishap while on the job.
To ensure the utmost safety when lifting the bulky loads using professional lifting equipment, you as a project manager, co-coordinator, or employee need to be prepared for certain crucial things. Keep reading to know more about safe lifting and moving of bulky loads conveniently.
Equipment Lifting Principle In Houston
Before lifting or carrying the load of machines or any other objects, you will need to plan first and consider the followings aspects to avoid the risk of injuries:
- Determine the weight of the load you are challenged to move- You may not be aware of the exact weight of the load, however can assume a bit, but with a deadline, you may not be in a situation to take any risk. In this case, professionals of equipment lifting in Houston can come to rescue you and guide you which means of mechanical lifting will go perfect for lifting.
- Clear obstacles while lifting the load- Is the route where the loads need to moved free of obstacles, slippery roadways, stairs, and other uneven surfaces that can cause danger for both the lifting equipment and its operator? Get detailed information on the route to ensure safety while moving the bulky load.
- Carefully stabilize the equipment lifting before rigging- To prevent the equipment lifting crane from tipping over during the operation, make sure the operators use the stabilizing features of the crane. When stabilizing the crane, keep the following two-point in mind:
- Follow the guidelines provided by the manufacture of lifting equipment in Houston to determine the maximum load-bearing capacity
- Use outrigger pads or crane pads for protection
Overall, planning for any lifting operation of the heavy weighted object must address the foreseeable dangers involved in the work and identify the resources required for the safe and on-time completion of the job of moving. Factors to include are the following:
- Proper visibility
- Attaching and proper securing of loads with the lifting equipment
- Location and environment
- Hazards proximity
The plan and preparation should set out the actions involved at each step of the operation and identify the responsibilities of the equipment lifting operators as well as the company. However, planning must be proportionate to the risks and hazards involved in the lifting work considering the environmental factors.
Safety over everything is always the priority, even if it adds time to the whole process of equipment lifting. Houston lifting professionals and tech-grade cranes will ensure you the safe loading of bulky loads so you can count on them.