If you approaching Office 365 tenant to tenant migration safely for your rationalization, then you reached the right post. This post describes best practices for this data transfer safely in Office 365. Just go through this article and you will get a productive and easy solution for your query.
However, before moving forward let’s have a quick glance at the user’s query to interpret the complications faced by real-life scenarios:
I am familiar with the whole Microsoft Office 365 administration, however, I never was doing tenant to tenant migration before. Now, the company that I am working for get merged with a similar one, and I will be responsible for the whole data migration. Can you give me some tips, good practices, links that I should be aware of, not to mess this up? Thank you
As the user query states that the user wants a reliable solution for Office 365 tenant data migration due to a business merger scenario. Since, various business organizations rely on Office 365, hence, it becomes quite common to perform the migration between tenants in Office 365 in the merger and acquisitions scenarios.
Meanwhile, migrating data files between Office 365 tenants, the first and the last thing that you would be concerned about losing your important data, as there is not a reliable approach provided by Microsoft to date.
And the manual walk-around of Office 365 tenant to tenant migration is quite a technical and tedious task hands-on for novice users. As it consists of technical PowerShell cmdlet scripts and moreover, it requires technical expertise as well.
When a business organization merges and consolidates with a respective one, it involves various challenges and complications such as missing emails and documents, or unplanned email server downtime, etc.
Recommendation for Office 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration Best Practices
Hence, many IT experts and Office 365 administrators recommend using reliable and secure software for this operation over a manual approach. Therefore, Office 365 Migration Tool addresses urgent requirements of data migration for these such companies, by making this operation far simpler as compared to the conventional manual approach
This software provides a number of comforts and smart features that ensure the safe, successful completion of data migration. Which are not available when using the conventional manual Microsoft 365 execution.
Above all, the users can use their mailboxes during the tenant to tenant migration in Office 365, as the migration through this software is completely invisible as it runs in the background without hampering the running business.
Now, let’s discuss the working steps of this amazing utility in order to perform the same operation.
Working Guide for Office 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration Best Practices to Follow
Below steps are well discussed and shown with screenshots to practice better, follow along with them and perform this operation safely:
1. Firstly you have to download the mentioned software on your computer and then, launch it. You have to choose Office 365 as the option for the source as well as the destination migration platform.
2. Now in this step, you will have to check all the required mailbox items that you want to migrate to the destination tenant such as email, contact, calendar, task, and document. And also check the Use Group Mapping option from the workload selection in order to perform Office 365 tenant to tenant migration.
Use Filter: If you need to migrate data/files of a specific date range, then you can use the provided date-based filter along with all the mailbox items. You just need to select the desired date range, and this tool will only migrate those data to the destination tenants in Office 365.
3. In this step, you have to provide the source and the destination admin account’s credentials like Admin ID and Application ID and then click on the validate button for permission validation.
4. Now, you have to create user group mapping. And in order to do this, you have three different ways such as Fetch Users, Import Users, and Download Template. Select accordingly, here we select the Download Template button, and then you have to provide the source and the destination Office 365 user accounts.
5. In this step, you have to upload that CSV file to this software, and then you have to click on the validate button.
6. Once, validation gets completed you can proceed further and then you just need to hit the start migration button.
In this way, by following the above simple steps you can easily perform Office 365 tenant to tenant migration without any hassle.
And that brings us to the end of this article. As we above discussed the most reliable and secure way to perform Office 365 tenant to tenant migration safely without losing a bit of crucial data.
Therefore, organizations must be aware of the downtime and potential risk involved in the manual way of data migration in Office 365. And advised using the above-mentioned utility to hands-on data migration like experts without any complications.