Facing an issue to perform linksys extender setup? Well, no worries. In this post, we will tell you the best way to install extender.linksys.setup without any error issues. We will also tell you the most easy and efficient way to set up your extender device without outside help. Suppose you need some troubleshooting techniques to resolve your extender device issues or issues caused due to the extender.linksys.setup. Stick with the article till the end to get every bit of information.
Here are two ways mentioned by which you can perform a linksys extender setup.
- WPS method or wifi protected setup method.
- Manual method or Ethernet wire method.
The manual method / Ethernet wire method is one of the most efficient ways to set up any Linksys extender device. In this blog post, you will get the complete information.
Linksys Extender Setup – Ethernet Wire Method
Follow the below-mentioned information carefully without skipping any part.
- If you are using a new Linksys extender device, unbox it carefully with the help of a manual guide that came with the device.
- Take your extender device in the same room as your existing router and plug it into the near electricity plug.
- Now, press the power button of the Linksys extender device and turn it on.
- For a couple of minutes, let your Linksys range extender’s LED indicators get stable.
- Once done, take an Ethernet wire (make sure that your Ethernet wire is not damaged) and connect your router and extender device via LAN port.
- Now move to your personal computer/laptop and launch a web browser(use an updated version of the web browser while performing extender.linksys.setup)
- Tap on the address bar icon and type the web address, i.e., extender.linksys.setup and hit the enter key.
- If you don’t get automatically redirect it to the web setup portal, try using the IP address, i.e., 192.168.1.1
- Once you are on the web setup portal, click the new extender setup icon and sign up for a new admin account.
- Provide the requested information on your screen to make a new admin account.
- Follow further on-screen instructions carefully.
- In the next step, you will be prompted to ask a few security questions of your choice, answer them properly.
- Now, look for the available network icon and click on it.
- Find your new Linksys extender network and click on it to get connected.
- Once done, follow other instructions displayed on your screen carefully.
- Now apply the setting you made and save them.
- Your router and extender device are now successfully connected.
Where to locate linksys extender device after completing extender.linksys.setup process?
If you are here, you probably completed the Linksys extender setup. It’s time to change the location of your extender device. To-do so, there are few things that you have to keep in mind those are-
- Your extender device needs proper internet connections from your existing router to spread live internet connections in the dead zone area of your workplace or home.
- Try to keep your extender device in the middle of your room.
- Make sure that your extender device is not in the range of any radio frequency or electronic devices.
- Once you find the best location for your Linksys wifi range extender, connect your smart devices.
- You are all set.
After applying all the information mentioned earlier, if you are still facing any issue regarding linksys extender setup or extender.linksys.setup, let us know, and get the best solution ASAP.
Is this information valuable?