Immigrating to Canada is one of the best things you can do to find better opportunities. Now, immigration without a job offer is an idea that many applicants have when they think about moving abroad.
In most cases, the only way of immigrating is by getting a job offer. However, some countries like Canada allow applicants to immigrate even without a job offer, provided that they understand the requirements and meet them accordingly. A few applicants can turn to visa immigration consultants or research to streamline their application.
Whatever the case may be, this post will introduce you to find ways to migrate to Canada without a job offer.
Can you move to Canada without a job offer?
As mentioned earlier, the straightforward answer is yes. Canada has a sophisticated immigration system, where nearly 70 different programs exist for applicants worldwide. It also has various options for candidates to move to the country without having a job prospect lined up.
You can use two options to make that happen:
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Express Entry – Federal Skilled Worker Program
Migrate under Provincial Nominee Program
Canada devised the Provincial Nominee Programs to meet a province’s needs by allowing foreign workers to migrate there and work.
The idea is to boost the economy of the province while providing residence opportunities to the applicants. Furthermore, applicants can be unskilled or semi-skilled workers.
The PNP program requires the candidates to have a job prospect lined up in the province for at least a year. But a few do not have such rules, and you can migrate there without a job offer.
Let’s take a look.
- Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream: The Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream (OHCPS) is one of the most popular options available for moving to Canada without a job offer. But even though you do not need a job prospect in the province, the priority order is often set to give preference to candidates with employment offers.
- Alberta Express Entry Stream: Alberta Express Entry Stream is a Provincial Nominee Program for enabling applicants to seek nomination by the province. The stream’s eligibility criteria are based on the federal express entry pool, but you do not need a job offer to apply.
- Nova Scotia Demand – Express Entry Stream: The steam is devised to fill the province’s labour requirements. It has two major categories, where category B does not require you to have a job offer.
- Saskatchewan International Skilled Worker Category: This PNP has a sub-category for in-demand occupations in Saskatchewan. Therefore, if you have relevant experience and expertise in the in-demand field of work, you do not need a job offer.
Also Read: A Perfect Way to Get Hired as An Android Developer in 2021?
The dynamics for these programs may see changes regarding the job offer over time. You may even have questions regarding the permanent residence under the PNPs. Hence, you should learn about the various provincial programs that Canada offers and formulate a strategy accordingly.
For instance, the Saskatchewan International Skilled Worker Category under the in-demand occupation is a prime example. It is best to read up on such prospects and shape your application. You can seek help from visa immigration consultants or recipients of the programs’ benefits.
Use the Federal Skilled Worker Program
As mentioned above, Canada has a sophisticated express entry system for encouraging skilled workers worldwide to seek permanent resident status. If you are eligible under the plan, you can compose a profile for assessing the Comprehensive Ranking System score. Based on the score, you will compete against other candidates in the pool.
There are three programs you learn about:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program: This program is for applicants with a stellar track record in the managerial and professional work line.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program: This program accepts candidates with relevant experience and expertise in the trade profession
- Canada Experience Class: This class is for people in any of the above categories but with at least one year of experience in Canada under that profession.
Federal Skilled Worker Program
You can migrate to Canada without a job offer by using the Federal Skilled Worker Program. This system assesses the application as per the skilled professional experience, language proficiency, and educational qualifications.
You must get at least 67 points out of 100 to be considered a potential candidate under the FSWP program.
Therefore, even though you do not need to have secured a job offer, it is best to prioritise improving the CRS score. You can look at the various factors affecting your score and find viable alternatives to bolster it.
Migrating to Canada even with a job offer can be a strenuous task with multiple deadlines and complicated procedures. So, employ the tips outlined in this post and improve your chances of migrating to Canada without a job offer.