YouTube is the widely used online video sharing platform that allows users to watch, upload and share videos of different genres. Here, you will get all the desired videos based on content like cooking, dancing, news, entertainment, etc. You can’t search, watch and upload videos anywhere and anytime.
Sometimes you wish to download these videos for future purposes due to several reasons. Like, if you are going somewhere on a trip via train and due to the poor internet you can’t watch your favourite content on YouTube then downloading the videos helps you better. Also downloading YouTube videos helps you watch your favourite videos without having an internet connection. You can watch them offline if you don’t have a stable internet connection. But it is not as simple as that, you can’t download the videos on YouTube directly. That is why people are looking for ways to download YouTube videos on their devices.
In this article, we will discuss the best ways through which you can easily download YouTube videos on Mac.
Method 1: Using QuickTime to Record Screen
The method is useful when you don’t want to download any further software. This is the best method when the video has copyright issues and you can’t download it. For executing this method follow the below steps:
- Select the video on YouTube you want to record. But don’t play it.
- After that open QuickTime on your Mac device.
- When the window appears, select the file tab.
- Now, click on the new screen recording.
- After that, click on the arrow which is pointing downwards and choose record options.
- Now, click on the red record icon and follow the on-screen instructions. It will allow you to record the screen with the sound.
- You can choose whether you want to record the entire screen or a particular area.
- Now, click on the record option to start recording the video.
- When you want to end the video recording click on the stop icon given above the screen.
- If you wish to trim the video then you can choose the edit option.
Method 2: Download YouTube Videos Through VLC Player
You can download YouTube videos using VLC player for free. Below are the steps you need to follow to execute this method:
- Firstly, you need to download the VLC player on your Mac device and launch it.
- Next, open YouTube in the browser and copy the link of the video you desired to download.
- Go to the VLC and select file and then choose open network stream.
- When the window appears, paste the URL in the address bar and click on the open option.
- Click on the Windows tab and click on media information.
- Navigate to the location of the URL and press Ctrl+ C to copy it to the Clipboard
- Now, open your browser and paste the link into the bar and then click on return.
- Click right on the video and choose the save video as an option from the menu. These steps will let you download the YouTube videos on your Mac.
Method 3: Use Airy to Download YouTube Videos on Mac
You can use Airy to It is one of the best youtube downloaders for mac that also offers great security. It supports most of the video and audio formats to download the YouTube videos. It is a simple software that is easy to use. You need to follow the below steps to quickly and easily download videos on Mac:
- Simply download Airy from its official website.
- After downloading, install it on your Mac device and launch it.
- Now, open the YouTube video you want to download and copy its URL.
- After that go to the Airy’s search bar and paste the copied URL.
- Hit enter key.
- Now, choose the appropriate format and resolution of the file.
- By clicking on the download will start downloading the video without any delay and save the video in the downloads/Airy folder.
- If you want to change the download destination route then you can navigate to airy preferences.
Airy YouTube video downloader will let you download the videos effortlessly. It also offers a free trial through which you can download two videos and check its interface and ability. With its premium version, you get unlimited video download with extreme features. Give it a try to this software.
Method 4: Use 4K Video Downloader
4K Video Downloader is the best video downloader tool that allows you to download YouTube videos on Mac. The software is free to use and you can download 30 videos each day.
- Firstly, download the app and when the downloading is complete follow the on-screen instructions for installing it on your Mac.
- Go to your web browser and search for the video you want to download through YouTube.
- Right-click on the address bar and click on the Copy option.
- Open 4K video Downloader and click on the paste link icon given at the top left corner of the window.
- Now, select the video quality and format.
- You can choose the location of the downloaded video using the browse option.
- After that click on the downloadoption.
In the above article, we have listed several ways through which you can easily download YouTube videos on your Mac and enjoy watching videos offline or whenever you are going on a long trip where there is a network issue. I suggest you choose third party tools to download videos as they are reliable and free to use. Also, the premium version offers great features. I hope using the above methods can help you in downloading videos.