All thanks to technology, our day-to-day lives have become much more accessible than ever before. Coming to the Belkin WiFi Extender is a device that acts as a repeater for the router’s wireless signal. This helps the user so that they could extend their WiFi network even in areas that are super hard to reach or dead signal zones.
This helps to improve your network’s performance. On top of everything else, this comes with spot finder technology. It checks and adjusts the range extender’s location to an excellent level of precision. Further, you can set it up without having to use any wires or cables. Therefore, if you wish to increase the speed of your network, then, in that case, you must use the Belkin WiFi Extender Setup.
This guide helps you go through proceeding step by step to do a Belkin Extender Setup. Hence, make sure that you are reading this very carefully till the very end.
Preparations you need to do:
Step 1 – Preparation:
- Firstly, you will have to keep the extender within the range of your router’s network.
- Secondly, you would need to connect your extender to a power source.
- Now, you will have to check if the LED light flickers on the extender panel or not.
Step 2 – Connecting to the System:
To get started with the process of the entire Belkin WiFi Extender setup, you will need to connect the extender to the laptop. You could also do this to your computer or tablet if you are using either of them instead. This is a step that you can do while using a wired or a non-wired connection. Instructions are as follows:
- For this, firstly, you will have to locate your default extender name in the available networks list (Belkin. setup).
- After that, you would have to connect your device to the default extender network name at the second stage.
- If you cannot find this network, you would have to reset your range extender. Tap on the reset button of your extender and then hold the same for about 10 seconds so that you can quickly turn it on.
- Now, you would need to wait till the LED light blinks patiently. It will act as an indication that it is on.
- We will recommend you to use an Ethernet cable that would be functioning appropriately for a wired connection.
- After that, plug one end into the computer. Repeat the same step for the other end and then connect it to the Ethernet port side of the extender.
- Ensure that your cable is properly plugged in and that your WiFi is turned off entirely from the main power.
Belkin WiFi Extender Setup – The Procedure
There are two different methods which you could opt to set up your Belkin WiFi Extender. One of them is the manual method, and the other is the WPS method.
Belkin Extender Setup: Manual Method
- Firstly, you will have to open a web browser on your system. You have the choice to choose from any of these – Safari, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Now, you will need to input ‘Belkin.setup‘ in the address bar. Then, you will have to press the ‘enter key from your keyboard.
- Apart from that, you can also type the Belkin default IP address. It is 220.127.116.11.
- Resultingly, you’ll be directed to a new page. It would be the Belkin range extender setup page.
- Then, the further course of action will require you to read the End User License Agreement. You could do so by clicking on the link which would have been provided to you.
- Then, once you are done, you can return to the setup window and agree to the T&Cs. But, again, we recommend you go through them carefully.
- After that, you will need to select the checkbox ‘Automatic Software Updates.’
- In the next step, you would have to click on the ‘Manual Setup.’ To find it, you will have to look at the bottom of the setup page.
- Doing this would then begin searching for various wireless networks which would be available in the range. Once the search is complete and over, you will get to see all the available networks.
- Hence, you would have to select the wireless network which you would wish to extend to the Belkin WiFi Extender.
- Once you manage to select the network, you need to input your password and then proceed to the next.
- Now, you would see that the spot finder technology will start to look for your extender location to help you offer better performance. You could then be able to change the location of the extender in the duration of this process. However, if you don’t wish to change that, you can always press on the ‘Connect Anyway’ and then proceed further into the remaining process.
- At this stage, you will need to create an admin password to secure your network’s range.
- Moving ahead, you would have to review the extended network information, and then you would have to click on the edit button if you want to make any changes. If not, then you will be free to proceed with the next option.
- Once you are done with it, you would then see a login window appear on the screen. This is where you will have to Enter your password and then start to change the extender settings. However, if you do not recall your password, then, in that case, you can always create a new one by resetting your range in the factory reset.
- As a result, when it is all done, your range extender setup successful message will appear on the screen.
Belkin WiFi Extender Setup – WPS Method:
- For this one, you would need to press and hold the WPS button on the extender. Do this for about 2 seconds.
- Remember, you will find the WPS button available right at the top of your extender.
- Then, you will have to ensure that the WPS light starts flashing.
- After that, you would need to push and hold the WPS button on the router.
- In the next step of the ongoing process, you will see that the extender will automatically exchange a security key so that it can establish a connection with your WPS-enabled router.
- After that, you will have to open a web browser.
- Then, continuing further, you will need to type ‘Belkin.range‘ and then press the enter key to start the search.
- Once you see that the page opens, you will have to click on the ‘WiFi Protected Setup.’ You will find it under the ‘Extended Network Settings’ option.
- As a result, you will see a WiFi-protected setup window will appear. Then, you will need to have to enter your WPS PIN in the ‘Enter Client Device PIN.’
- Then, simply hit on the ‘Enroll’ tab.
- Your range extender will be successfully established to the router within the next 2 minutes.