QuickBooks is multi-dimensional software; however, it is prone to incur some issues regularly if the application is not updated or the update is incorrectly installed. Users have encountered a problem that displays the text “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” on the screen. This fault may arise when the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBM), a feature required to allow the multi-user mode to function, is not set up correctly. Check out our blog below, which explains some primary causes and solutions to this glitch.
Are you sick of facing QuickBooks errors now and then? Get in touch with our certified experts for a deeper check-up of your system. Contact 1-800-579-9430.
Why am I seeing “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” on my screen?
- Incorrect installation on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Damaged Network Data file.
- The system anti-virus is blocking QuickBooks.
- Misconfiguration with the system firewall.
- When the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Services are outdated.
You may also read: Quickbooks error 6175 0
How can I erase “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” from my computer?
After becoming aware about the possible causes behind this error, we will now understand how to apply some basic troubleshooting techniques to our system-
Option 1: Reopen the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window on the screen.
- In the search field, type SERVICES.MSC.
- Click on the OK button.
- The following screen will display the Running Services window.
- Move to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select the QuickBooks file.
- Now click on the Reboot button.
- Try to access QuickBooks now.
Option 2: Repair QuickBooks
- Tap on the Windows key + R to open the Run prompt.
- Enter APPWIZ.CPL in the search bar.
- Click the OK button.
- Locate and double-tap on QuickBooks.
- Double-click on QuickBooks.
- The next prompt with ask you to Uninstall or Change QuickBooks.
- Tap on Continue.
- Select Next.
- Click on the Repair option.
- Hit Next.
- Once the process is complete, press Finish.
- Restart your device.
Option 3: Verify the ‘Files in Use’
Often when you encounter the “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” error on your computer, an additional message ‘File in use’ might appear on your screen. In that case, these steps might help-
- When the text “Files in Use” shows up, tap on the Ignore button.
- Now click on OK.
- If the Ignore option does not show up, accept the trigger text.
- Select OK to terminate the error.
- Restart the system.
Option 4: Modify the Firewall Settings of your system
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run prompt on your screen.
- In the search space, enter Windows Firewall.
- Press the OK button.
- Now you will be shown the Security and Firewall window.
- Double-tap on the List of Programs.
- Here you need to locate the Advanced Settings.
- Click right on the Inbound Rules.
- Select the New Rule tab.
- Tap on Programs.
- Choose the Next option.
- Click on the Program Path.
- You must remove the QBDBMgrN.exe file from this field.
- Click on Allow the Connection button.
- Press Continue.
- Hit the Finish button.
- Restart your device.
Option 5: If your Host has QuickBooks and QBDBMgrN installed on it
- Open the QuickBooks application.
- Press the Open or Restore tab.
- Click on Open a Company.
- Hit Next.
- Locate your company file.
- Choose the Open File in Multi-User mode option.
- Click on Open.
- The following window will display you the company file.
- Choose the appropriate file.
- Close this file on the server.
Option 6: If your Host has only QBDBMgrN installed on it
- Click on the Window button.
- In the search bar, type Control Panel.
- Press Enter.
- Now select the System and Security tab.
- Tap on the Administrative Tools option.
- Double-click on Services.
- Choose the correct Database Server Manager.
- Restart your system.
Option 7: Install QuickBooks again using the Clean Install Tool
- Press the Windows key + R.
- The Run window will show up on your screen.
- In the search space, type Control Panel.
- Click on OK.
- In the list of programs, locate and double-tap on QuickBooks.
- The following window will ask you to Uninstall or Change.
- Choose the option to Uninstall.
- Follow the prompt wizard.
- Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- Click on the Program Installation Problems option.
- Open the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- After the process is complete, restart your computer.
We hope that after going through our entire blog, you were able to eradicate the “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” error from your device. However, if all the troubleshooting methods fail, we recommend you to contact our experts immediately. They can look into this and provide reliable solutions. Ring them at 1-800-579-9430.