Been exploring methods to learn how to backup email from Office 365 webmail?
It is hard to understand which solution will help you and which will make the task more difficult.
Here, the clarification on which is the most suitable technique will be given so that you do not get confused again.
Office 365 is a cloud-based suite that is used by a majority of vertical globally. It offers various functions that help you to enhance the performance of your co-workers.
It also provides data protection facilities so that there are no risks to the data stored in mailboxes.
However, you should backup email from Office 365 webmail to make sure that the data is available at all times.
User Query: Since I have been working for a long time in my current organization, there is a lot of data I have in my Office 365 mailbox. Now, I am leaving this organization and want to take a backup of my emails. There are many ways but it’s all so confusing. Can someone please help me?
There are many more similar queries that we have seen and are nowhere to help troubled users.
How to Backup Email from Office 365 Webmail? Find the Methods Below
You shall find an abundance of techniques to apply for creating an archive on the local storage but which one to choose is the real question.
For taking a backup, you can use 3 methods:
- Intelligent Approach (Expert recommendation)
- Use Outlook Application
- Convert Emails as HTML or PDF
The first method is an instant solution that doesn’t require you to have the technical expertise and has easy-to-use steps.
The other two methods are to be performed manually and can become quite time-consuming to backup email from Office 365 webmail. If you have only a few emails, say around 5-6, manual methods can be used.
If there are more emails, you will have to repeat the steps for each email becoming a confusing task.
To the methods.
Solution 1 – Taking a Backup of Emails on Local Storage Quickly
There are many solutions out there but not many proficient ones to download emails in bulk or batches.
To help you with solving this issue, we are here with the Office 365 Backup Tool which is a professional’s recommended solution.
Learn how to backup email from Office 365 webmail using the incredible features of the tool as mentioned along with the steps:
- Install the software and activate it. Select Office 365 as Source and Outlook as Destination in the Setup window.
- From the Categories section, mark the items you want to export data from and select the dates in the Date-filter for selective migrate as provided in Workload Selection field.
- In the Source window, enter the credentials for Office 365 admin account. Hit the Validate button and click on Next to backup email from Office 365 webmail.
- Go to the Destination window to enter the size and destination of the files to be saved in Outlook. Validate the permissions and hit Next.
- Select the Fetch Users or Import Users option to add the user accounts in the software.
- Choose the Priorities button and Validate the accounts of both platforms. Hit Start Backup to finish the process.
Use the Delta Backup option after the first process to download only those emails that have arrived during the procedure.
Solution 2 – How to Backup Email from Office 365 Webmail Using Outlook?
Using the Outlook application can help you to export the emails in Outlook accessible file format. It will automatically create a PST file for saving all the emails and selective folders can also be chosen.
But first, you have to configure Office 365 account with your Outlook application and wait for the data to be synced.
Follow the given steps:
- Launch the Outlook application on desktop.
- After that, click on the File tab and choose the Open & Export button.
- To backup email from Office 365 webmail, select the Import & Export option and the Import/Export window will open up.
- Then, choose the Export to a file option and click on the Next button.
- Now, from the given options, choose Outlook data file (.pst) option and press Next.
- Click on the Browse button to choose the location. Hit the Finish button to complete the procedure.
Solution 2 – Export Emails as HTML or PDF
Another way to backup emails to local storage is by converting emails to HTML or PDF format. Learn how to backup email from Office 365 webmail following the steps given below:
Remember: This method will not be able to export emails in bulk and causes a lot of time and effort to be wasted.
- Shift to the Mail view and choose the folder you want to export emails from.
- Click on the File option and choose the Save as button.
- Here, you will see a file explorer window open up. Choose the destination to save the files at.
- Give a name to the file and in the Save as Type drop-down field, choose the HTML option to backup email from Office 365 webmail.
- Hit Save and repeat these steps for all the other emails.
- To save the data as PDF, you have to follow the steps for HTML format and then open MS Word.
- Click on the File button and choose the Open option.
- Choose the previous HTML file and go to the File option.
- Go to the Save as option and choose the PDF option from the drop-down option.
- Hit the Save button to complete the process.
You May Love To Know: Office 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration Step By Step
To learn how to backup email from Office 365 webmail, there are three methods explained in this guide.
Find out which method suits your situation the best and learn the steps for it. The software allows bulk migration whereas the manual methods do not allow the same.