You can follow the below steps to get registered as a seller on Flipkart –
- Visit seller.flipkart.com, enter your mobile number into the specified columns and click on the view the ‘Register Now’ section. You will now be asked to enter the OTP sent to the same mobile number and e-mail ID.
- Once the OTP has been successfully verified a green tick mark is visible post which allows you move to the next step.
- If the OTP entered does not match with that which was sent to the you a similar (x) in red will be visible.
- Fill in your username along with the desired password and click Sign Up. Now, you only require 3 things to complete your registration process on Flipkart: bank account, GSTIN number and product to sell. (If you are selling books, GSTIN number is not required and all the taxation related professional details provided will be solely used by us to communicate with you and disburse payments.
- Next, you have to enter the pin code of your pickup location to check whether your location is serviceable or not. Enter the pin code in the assigned column.
- If the pin code is entered the City and State to which the pin code belongs is auto-populated. If the pin code is serviceable by our logistics partners, then a congratulation message with a green tick will appear. This means that our logistics partner can pick up products from this area
- If the pin code is not serviceable by our logistics partners then the system will ask you to input alternative Pickup address details, if any
- Now, you have to enter all your business details, GSTIN number and signature (You can either submit the scanned copy of signature or you can use the electronic signature feature available).
- There are 3 options for getting your business started on Flipkart.
- You have a GSTIN number
- You would only sell in GSTIN exempted categories
- You have applied for GSTIN
Just in case you don’t have a GSTIN number we are more than happy to help by letting you know where to get one. Be assured your GSTIN number and signature would only be used for invoices to the buyers.”
Let’s take a look at these 3 scenarios:
First- You have a GSTIN number
Fill in your business details such as your business name, business type, and GSTIN along with your signature”.
Second- You would only sell in GSTIN exempted categories
Fill in your below details such as your business name, your PAN number, your business type, and address along with your signature and proof of your address in form of Aadhaar card, Electricity bill (last 3 months), Driving License, Passport, Ration Card, Mobile Bill (last 3 months), Voters ID, Bank Passbook.
Third- You have applied for GSTIN
You can contact Flipkart’s trusted Service partner – “JDK Services” and apply for GSTIN.
- Fill in the bank account number in the same name as the GSTIN number and the bank details will auto populate with the IFSC code and bank details. upload a cancelled cheque of the same bank here and click upload.
- Things to keep in mind for uploading cancelled cheque:
- cheque should have the word CANCELLED written across the leaf
- it should have your name printed on it along with IFSC code and bank name on it
- Once this is done. Flipkart will transfer an amount between Rs.1-Rs.5 in your account, you have to verify this amount under the manage profile. On the completion of this and cancelled cheque verification, your account will be made live.
- Now start listing your product and adding stock and fill your display name along with the store description.
Once everything is completed you can login to your Flipkart seller account to check the status of the seller registration:
- The color green signifies that the verification is successful,
- The color orange signifies that the verification is in process and
- The color red signifies the verification has failed