Linksys is one of the leading manufacturers of wireless extenders. Its products are mainly sold to home users and small businesses. The Linksys extenders setup can be done manually or through the WPS method using the extender.linksys.com web portal.
WIFI range extenders are the best solution for weak WIFI signals. These extenders boost the coverage and speed of existing wireless networks. So you can enjoy a good internet connection at home or your workplace. This needs to secure the Linksys extender setup. Passwords provide the first line of defense against unauthorized access to the computer and personal information. The majority of users forget the password and explore google for HOW TO DO LINKSYS PASSWORD RESET. This article will guide on how to reset the router to factory defaults and change the router’s password.
Essentials to Linksys extender setup
- The extender must be turned on
- Note down the setting of the existing wireless router
- Restore factory setting on the WIFI range extender
- Make sure you have a working internet connection.
- keep in mind to type extender.linksys.com in the address bar, not in the search bar.
Linksys Password reset
To reset Linksys WIFI range extender’s password, we have to restore the default factory setting of the extender and change the admin login password. Both are two different processes.
Resetting the Linksys router to default setting
- Power on Linksys wireless range extender and plugged in
- Press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds and also make sure the power LED of the router is blinking at the time pressing the reset button.
- Unplug and replug the router’s power adapter.
Note: location of the Reset button may vary for every model. Older Linksys devices may require pressing and holding the Reset button for 30 seconds.
Resetting your router to default setting will also reset your router’s password. We can also reset the extender through the default web based Linksys extender setup page.
Change Linksys Extender Password
Everyone needs a username and password to maintain the security of the account. It will ensure that no unauthorized parties can access the domain name information. Strong password Prevent unauthorized access to electronic accounts and devices. Below is the instruction to change Linksys WIFI range extender’s admin default password.
- Firstly, open a web browser to log in to the web-based setup page of the range extender. Ensure that the browser is its latest version.
- Enter your range extender’s admin password, in other words, we can say enter the default password which is ADMIN in the field
- Then, you will be taken to the login window and click on the login
- On the web-based setup page click on management under administration
- Enter your new administrator password in the extender password
- Re-enter the password to confirm or enter the new password in both router password and Re-enter to confirm fields.
- Click on the Save button.
Your Linksys extender’s admin password change. We should maintain a strong password so make sure to include special symbols and alphabets, random numbers in the new password. A strong password should not contain personal information and no dictionary words. Linksys extender setup can be operated with the IP 192.168.1.1 as well as the web portal that is extender.linksys.com.