When an error like “ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT” etc occurs in the Google Chrome web browser, then you get the “Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings” message as a suggestion. This message does not indicate a major or primary glitch.
Even for the error codes “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET” and “ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED” you can get this suggestion also.
Firewall and Antivirus Functionalities
Antivirus and firewalls both monitor online activity, including the number of packets received or sent. This is done to ensure that malicious or dangerous programs cannot get into your computer.
How can Chrome access your Firewall network?
This article will provide you with multiple ways to get rid of the problem.
Addition of an exception to the Windows Firewall
Here is how to add an exception to the Windows Firewall. Follow the steps below to learn more.
- Press the combination of the ‘Windows + S keys together. This will open a new default section for searching.
- In that section, enter the following text: “firewall”, and then select the “Firewall & Network Protection” option from the results section.
- Once you click that option, a new window will open with the title “Windows Security”. Scroll down until you find the link ‘Allow an App through Firewall’.
- A new window will open with a list of all of the installed applications on your computer. Next, click on the “Change settings” button in that window.
- Next, locate Google Chrome and checkmark it.
- Finally, click the OK button to confirm that you can access the website without any issues.
Exceptional Addition to a Reliable Antivirus Program
For reliable antivirus software, follow these steps to add an extension.
- Double-click the icon on your desktop to open reliable antivirus software.
- Next, click the ‘Menu” button when the application opens. This will open a drop-down menu with many options.
- Choose ‘Settings’ from the list of options. Once you click that option, a new page will open with the heading “Settings”.
- Find the “General” section on that page. Click on the tab ‘General’ to go to that section.
- Locate and click the “Add exception” button within that tab. The new dialog box will be opened with the title “Add exception”.
- In that dialog box, enter the full web address of the website you cannot access with Google Chrome. Click on the ADD EXCEPTION’ button to add it.
How to add an exception to Windows Defender
This article will show you how to add an exception to the Windows Defender app.
- To open the Windows OS search area, first tap the “Magnifying Glass” button on the taskbar.
- Type “Windows Defender” in this area. Next, select the “Windows Defender Security Center” option from the search output.
- Once you have opened the new window entitled “Windows Defender Security Center”, next go to the left pane. Next, click on the Shield icon right after the Home icon.
- Click on the icon to open a new page under the heading “Virus & Threat Protection”. Scroll down and click on the link to ‘Virus & Threat Protection Settings.
- You will see a dialog box titled “User Account Control”. Click on it to confirm your decision.
- Next, locate the section ‘Exclusions’ once you have entered the required menu. Next, locate the section titled ‘Exclusions’ and click on the “Add or Remove exclusions” option.
- Select the “Add an exclusion” button on the new page. Next, navigate to the “Folders” section once the page with the name “Add An Exclusion” appears.
- Click on the “Exclude a Folder” option in that section. Next, go to the default location for Google Chrome and make it an exception.
- Finally, you can apply the changes to see if it causes an issue when you access a website.