Brother is a brand name that was founded by two brothers Jitsuichi and Masayoshi in Japan. Though it has been over a century since it came into known, now Brother comes in one of the renowned and trustworthy brands. Brother printer helps to printer constant large files, that is the reason why people prefer it over other printer brands. However, it can sometimes go offline during the printing process. If this is happening with your printer, stick to the end of this article to know how to put Brother printer online.
Methods to troubleshoot brother printer showing offline issues
Method 1. Disable offline status
If your brother printer showing offline, make sure you have unchecked the offline status of your printer. You can disable it in Windows 10 by following the steps are given below
- Go to the Control Pane> Devices and Printers
- Select the brother printer to check the printing status.
- Click on the Printer option.
- Now uncheck Use printer offline
- Once again tap on the printer icon and then cancel all documents.
Method 2. Set your Brother Printer on Default
You need to set your Brother Printer on default to for Brother Printer offline fix. Here is how you can do it.
- Open Control Panel then go to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Brother printer.
- Select Set as Default Printer option.
- Restart your Brother Printer now.
Method 3. Restart the Printer Spooler Service
You can fix your Brother Printer offline issues by restarting the printer spooler services. Follow the instructions to clear the printer spooler and restarting it.
- Use the windows search run command to open the service windows
- A series of devices and applications will open up on your screen.
- Click on the Print Spooler from the service windows
- Now right click on the option you have selected and click on the Stop
- Go back to the tool and start it again.
Method 4. Delete Printer spooler files
Once you have located the printer spooler service option, check the Printer spooler text. Now copy it and then paste in the file explorer file> click enter. Now type C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
A bundle of files will open up, select all, and click on delete to remove the caches. Now go back to the Pinter spooler tool to restart it. Make sure it is selected as Automatic.
Method 5. Check Printer Hardware errors
Are you still searching for reasons “why my Brother Printer offline on Mac”? Have you checked there is no paper jam in the printer machine? You can check it by obeying the steps below.
- Check the printer for a paper jam.
- If you find any, unplug your Brother Printer.
- Take out the roller of your printer carefully.
- Or if you are unable to do it, don’t force the roller of the printer. Instead,
take out the paper gently.
- Now, send a printing command on your Brother printer to check
whether it is online now or not.
- Visit printeralign.com for more info.