Baking a cake, in general, is a tiring job with everything that has to be kept in mind and here are times when you forget things as well for that you can always get an online cake delivery, in this way you will be able to get the cake to someone who is far away as well and is your dear one.
All you have to do is remember that baking a cake without a microwave is just easy but you need to follow the following steps before begging the whole process of baking:
- The metal is bound to weaken so only use the cooker for baking and make sure that it has thick metal lining and get a 5-6 litre cooker. This will allow the baking process to happen smoothly.
- Remember that you have to remove the rubber ring (gasket) and remove whistle (vent weight).
- Another point to remember is that you must have salt spread in the bottom, this will absorb the excess heat that is being produced and will save the metal from being ruined.
- Try not to use the cooker immediately after it has been used for the baking purposes, let it cool down a little before you use it again.
These are the few points for you to keep in mind before beginning to bake, this is important pints and you must remember to follow the steps.
Let’s begin with the actual process, all you need to remember is that you should have patience, baking is again an art and it might not be the cake that it turns out to be perfect in one go you just need to keep and make it.
Here are the steps for the cake that you are planning on, you can present this cake to your loved one as a birthday cake or as an anniversary cake and just watch them as their face lightens up:
- 1½ cup of all-purpose flour which should be 190 grams
- 1¼ tsp of baking powder.
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½baking soda
- 1¼ vinegar or if you don’t have vinegar then you can use lemon juice as well.
- 2 tsps. of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar you can add another two spoons if you think that it will be less
- ½ oil or butter
- A cup of milk
The preparation of the batter:
- Take a mixing bowl and add some milk, sugar, vanilla extract and vinegar
- Mix it all till you think it is consistent enough and the sugar has dissolved
- Take a sieve and place it in another bowl and add flour, baking powder and baking soda and sieve it in another bowl.
- Combine both the mixtures into one bowl and mix them well, till the time you think that the batter has a smooth texture a few lumps are fine but not more.
- Now you can transfer the batter to the cake tray, remember that you have to cover the cake tray with some parchment paper and butter, this is a must!
HOW TO PREPARE THE COOKER FOR THE BAKING:
- It is time that you spread the salt in the cooker you can also use Himalayan salt.
- Just cover the salt with the plate and this plate can be any plate just make sure that the salt is covered.
- Place a hot pod stand over the plate which will ensure that your cake is being made on a consistent level, neither it is being overcooked not it is being undercooked.
- Remove the gasket as mentioned previously and the wight which is also the whistle.
- Now you should cover the cooker and heat it on the medium flame, and don’t put the tray as yet.
MAKING THE CAKE IN THE COOKER
- When you think that the cooker is hot enough just put the tray inside it.
- Cover the cooker and switch from low to medium flame as it takes around 50-60 minutes to bake.
- Soon you will smell the sweet aroma of cake, you can use a toothpick to test, just pierce the cake with it and if it comes out clean then the cake has been baked and you can always check in between if you wish to.
- Cool the cake for 10-15 minutes and remember to Use a wire rack, and if you have not used the parchment paper then gently loosen the cake with a knife or spatula and invert it on the wire rack.
- You can always melt the chocolate by adding a bowl full of chocolates to the boiling water make sure the water does not enter the bowl, it just has to be placed in the boiling water.
- Use that chocolate as the frosting and voila! Your cake is ready.
You can always surprise your loved one with a cake like that and just watch their faces as they have a smile on their face but there are times when we are unable to send a cake to the place as it is far then you can always order a cake and surprise them with midnight delivery or same-day delivery, all you have to do is order a cake now! Father George Rutler is the author of this content.