If you want your system to work properly you need to keep the drivers updated. The performance of the hardware is totally dependent on the drivers. If the drivers are not updated then the hardware that is connected to your computer will not work smoothly and will hinder your work overall. There are a few ways for you to try and fix any of your drivers’ problems to the better performance of your device.
Before jumping to a conclusion, try to determine the cause of the issue. The first step towards solving the problem is to know what is the cause of the problem.
Common Driver Problem
There are some most common problems which are reported by Windows users. Scroll down this write-up and see whether one of the problems mentioned below matches yours.
- Windows 10 Upgrade Driver problem
- USB Driver problem
- Audio Driver issues
- NVIDIA driver issue
- AMD driver crashing in Windows 10
These are the top problems that are reported by many users. If you are one of those users who are struggling with these issues, then it is recommended to scroll down to this post and find thorough solutions to fix your computer drivers’ issues.
Fixes for Common Drivers issues
If any hardware which is connected to your system, struggling to work then it is most certainly a driver’s issue. As we read above, drivers are a neutral pathway between the operating system and the hardware of a computer. Let’s have a look at how you can solve your drivers’ issues and continue working on your system smoothly.
Windows 10 Upgrade Driver problem
Many users reported that they are facing the error 0x800f092 while installing the latest Windows update. It could be due to drivers’ problems. If you are facing the same issue and wish to fix it, follow the steps and fix it yourself.
Fix 1: Update Device Driver
Outdated drivers in your system can be the main culprit that is causing this issue. They can create an enormous number of problems on your computer and hinder smooth functioning. Use a free driver updater Windows 10 to keep them updated and prevent disturbance in your PC. You can update your drivers in the following ways:
- To run the dialog box, press Windows key+R simultaneously.
- The windows will appear, type devmgmt.msc then click on Ok.
- The device manager windows will show up. Now choose the device category and expand it.
- Right-click on the device name and click on the “Update driver” option.
- Now, click on Search automatically for the updated driver software option that appeared on the window.
This way the drivers will be updated automatically.
2. USB Driver issues
This is yet another prominent problem that occurs while you are trying to connect a USB to your system. You can fix the USB drivers problems just by following the steps mentioned below:
Fix 1: scan for hardware changes
Updating the USB drivers should be the prior solution. But if that did not work out for your system, you can choose to scan the USB and check for hardware changes in just a few steps.
- Go to the Device manager
- Right-click on the faulty driver and choose “Scan for Hardware changes” from the list.
- If the wizard finds something problematic, then follow the steps that will appear on your screen to troubleshoot.
You can also choose to reinstall the USB drivers if none of the above steps worked for you.
3. Audio Driver issues
Many users encounter some audio driver issues while they are using their computers. This problem can occur due to many causes like MIDI output error and many more. Here’s how you can fix audio driver problems.
Fix 1: Reinstall the Audio drivers
Uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers can make a huge difference. It will install the latest version, eliminating the errors and leading to the smooth functioning of the device.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Now click on the Sound, video, and game controllers option and expand it.
- Right-click on the sound card listing and click on Uninstall device.
- Then click on “Delete the driver software for this device checkbox” and next click on “Uninstall”.
- Restart your system once the process completes.
4. NVIDIA Driver problem
After updating the latest version of Windows 10, many users are encountering issues with the NVIDIA driver. It is also triggering Graphics related issues. Fix the issues quickly by using these instructions.
Fix 1: Update NVIDIA Graphics driver
- Open the Device Manager.
- Find the Display Adapters and click on them to expand and open the list.
- Now, right-click on the NVIDIA Graphics card and choose “Properties”
- Go to the Drivers tab.
- Click on the “Update Driver” option and hit Ok.
- Restart once the process is done.
It is hoped that you found this post about drivers not working issue, useful and helpful. These are accurate instruction which will lead you to the solutions of your drivers’ issues in your device.