Are you looking for a classic, stylish, and durable handbag? Look no further than leather. While they can be more costly, good-quality leather bags can keep their shape for years if you care for them properly. Genuine Leather Bags are probably the best choice when you plan on buying a new handbag, but genuine leather bags online can be quite pricey. This is why it’s important to understand how to care for genuine leather bags online so they last as long as possible. Knowing what genuine leather is and how genuine leather bags are made can help you understand their quality, which will aid in your genuine leather bag care.
What to look for in a leather handbag
Two of the main factors to consider when choosing a leather handbag online are its appearance and material. First, the appearance of a leather bag will be much more attractive if it is made from different colors. Second, while there are various types of leather, the type of leather used will make a big difference in the durability of the bag. To find out which kind of leather you should look for in a leather handbag, simply take a look at these two types of leather: Oyster This type of leather comes from the “bone” or “mouth” of an oyster. Oyster leather is smooth, shiny, and also tough. It is suitable for everyday use but can also be used on more formal occasions. Read more here. Why Is Online Shopping Better Than In-Store Shopping?
How to care for leather handbags
- Clean your bag thoroughly to get rid of dirt, dust, and other environmental contaminants. One of the best ways to do this is to use a soft cloth or cotton washcloth, patting it on the bag while firmly rolling it around in the cloth. You will get the best results when you don’t push too hard and give the bag a gentle pat. You can also use a soft washcloth, especially if you are cleaning leather that is relatively porous. I recommend using the same washcloth when you wash your leather goods.
2. Wash your bag at least once a year in cool water. Avoid extremely hot water as it will cause your bag to shrink and is not good for leather. Generally, there is no need to wash your bag more than once a year unless you are in a hurry or you are storing it in direct sunlight.
The three best types of genuine leathers to consider when purchasing genuine leather bags online include:
- Full Grain Leather – This is the best genuine leather for genuine leather bags online. Full grain genuine is the thickest type of genuine and it ages beautifully with use. Authentic full grain genuine leather will have small pores that allow the genuine leather to breathe.
- Saffiano Leather – This is a type of genuine leather that has a cross-hatch textured finish that is durable and easy to maintain.
- Patent Leather – This genuine leather is durable and easily cleaned, but it’s not as smooth as genuine leather.
How to store your leather bag
Choose sturdy cases and keep your bag in them. Don’t leave your leather weekender duffel bags in plain sight. Put them somewhere where you will have to go fetch them. Leaving your leather handbag on the table or the bed can lead to bacteria getting into the lining and touching the bag’s exterior. Invest in cotton or cotton blend bags, rather than synthetic bags. Synthetic bags can cause stains to develop. cotton bags are a better choice. Use a leather care product every time you wash your leather bag. They should never touch the outside of your bag. Leather should be washed away from the oil that collects on the bag’s exterior. This prevents leather from turning discolored over time. Always remember to air dry your bag.
As a bonus, knowing the secrets behind leather care can save you money in the long run. It’s hard to beat the comfort and style of the classic leather handbag. Now that you know what goes into caring for a leather handbag, check out some of our favorite stylish leather handbags from ASOS. You can also check out a few of our favorite leather weekender duffel bags from Sams Buffalo. You can thank us later.