Are you seeking multiple solutions to break large PST file? Do you want solutions on “How to Break Large PST File?” Yes? So, you will get solutions to your queries in this write-up. Nowadays, this is the most frequent query which is asked by users. So, in this write-up, we are going to discuss multiple techniques to break PST file.
MS Outlook Application is one of the most popular free and desktop-based email clients. It supports sending and receive email messages. MS Outlook saves all the data in Portable Storage Table File, which is commonly known as PST file extension. This PST file format supports storing all the notes, emails, journals, calendars, etc. But it has a file size limitation, which varies for different versions of the MS Outlook application. With the recent updates, In Outlook 2019, 2013, and 2016, PST can save 50 GB of data.
- Professional Tool to Break Large PST File
- Need to Split PST File
- Use Manual Method to Break PST File
- Summing Up
How to Break Large PST File Using Professional Technique
SysTools Split Outlook PST Tool is one of the popular software to break PST files. It has a user-friendly interface. Many advanced features are offered by the tool, one of them is to break PST into smaller files by year, size, date, folder.
Now, let’s discuss the step-by-step procedure to break large PST file:-
- Install and Open the SysTools Split PST Software
- Now, to add large PST documents, click on the “Add Files, Add Folder or Search Files” button
- Go to the “Add File” button to break PST file, and hit the “Open” option
- Users can add any folder, simply go to the “Add Folder” button
- Apply the “Search Files” feature to find the location of the “PST” documents
- Go to the “Remove and Remove All” button to delete the wrongly added files from the panel.
- Here, hit the “Browse” button and click on the “Next” button
- Hit the “Split by Size” button under the split option section
- Choose the size of the PST document and click on the “Next” option
- After this, in the summary section, the user can view the splitting details
- At last, when the process gets complete, software will show a window displaying this “The PST Files have been split successfully”.
Prominent Features of SysTools Split PST Tool
- Allows to break large PST file by category, date, folder, email-id, etc.
- Supports to break the archive as well as the active PST documents.
- Allows working with Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 and all the below versions.
- Allows to split the PST document by size of 1 MB to 1 TB
- This tool supports adding multiple PST files and folders.
- Allows users to split PST documents in any selected drive.
What is the Need to Break Large PST File?
Here, we are going to discuss few reasons that why users want to break large PST file:-
- If PST files become oversized, then the tempo and performance of the MS Outlook application decreases
- Data loss issues also occur when PST file size increases
- You cannot add data to an existing folder if storage space is less or not left
- With less storage space, users can’t access the data of the MS Outlook application.
Break Large PST File Using Manual Approach
Follow the steps given below to break PST into smaller files:-
- Download the MS Outlook application on your machine.
- Search for the “File” option then go to the “Account Settings” option.
- Select the “Data Files” button and then go to the “Add” button.
- A dialog box of Outlook data files will appear. And add the name and location to save the new file.
- Hit the “OK” button and close the account settings.
- Again, go to the File option, click on the “Open” option and choose the Import options.
- A window will pop up, after that, choose the “Export to a File” option and tap on the “Next” button.
- Search and select PST document and hit the “Next” button
- As per your requirement, select the folders and click on the “Next” option.
- Browse any location to save the data.
- At last, before exporting, choose from the options given, and click on the “Finish” option.
Drawbacks of Manual Approach
Users can go with the manual approach, but it has few drawbacks, which we are going to mention below:-
- Lengthy procedure and time-consuming
- Data integrity is not guaranteed
- The manual method requires technical expertise
- User can lose their data in between the splitting process
- It is tricky and confusing to use
In this write-up, we have discussed the different methods on a query “How to Break Large PST File?”
You can use any of the above methods to break PST into smaller files. But the manual method has some limitations, which we have discussed in the above section. So, we suggest our users to use the SysTools PST Split Software. It provides a guarantee to break PST file.