It is generally accepted that the most popular place in our apartments is the kitchen. But the bathroom is just as important!
A cozy bathroom can be small and spacious, but it always requires a unique approach to renovation. Of course, it should be neat, stylish, and ergonomic, but the main requirement is safety. Bathroom repairs are considered one of the most time-consuming types of repairs and must be done incredibly carefully for the sake of future safe operation.
After all, electricity and water are combined here, and therefore the slightest flaws that can lead to dangerous consequences are unacceptable.
Start of bathroom renovation
Therefore, before you start repairing a bathroom, you need to think over its interior, plumbing, and electrical wiring, provide for the most convenient location of the toilet bowl, bathroom, cabinets, and shelves, and select suitable materials. Only then can a turnkey bathroom renovation be carried out.
Bathroom vanity store New Bathroom Style will help you choose the highest quality 36 inch bathroom vanity or 84 inch bathroom vanity, building materials, and sanitary ware and make your bathroom functional and aesthetic.
First (if necessary), dismantling work is carried out. Old plumbing is dismantled and taken out – a toilet bowl, a bathroom, a sink, old pipes are cut off, tiles are knocked off, walls are moved, the doorway is expanded.
The next stage is the installation of new walls and plastering work with leveling the walls and laying ventilation. In parallel, the structure of electrical wiring is carried out. Painting works are carried out if necessary.
After that, the plumbing work requiring the highest qualifications begins – the distribution of pipes and the collector is installed, which, if necessary, are walled into the walls, heated towel rails, filters, and valves for water are placed.
Only after the wiring is completed can you start tiling, during which the floor and walls are tiled. Laying tiles also requires special qualifications and undoubted experience because tiles in the bathroom serve for more than one year.
Carpentry works are carried out in parallel with the tiled ones, for example, the plasterboard covering the bathroom cabinet, etc. After that, work is carried out on the installation, a connection of plumbing, and the installation of a false ceiling with the participation of an electrician installing spotlights. The final stage is the installation of the doors to the bathroom.
When renovating individual rooms, there are many factors to consider. The bathroom renovation differs from the similar process in other locations. High humidity, temperature changes, the development of mold, and mildew are specific conditions in the bathroom, which must be borne in mind before carrying out repairs.
The main stages of the repair in the bathroom
In general, the whole process of carrying out repair work in a bathroom with a bath can be divided into five stages:
1. Planning and Procurement of Materials: Bathroom renovations need to start with an inspection of the room. You should notice all the features and determine the scope of future work. After that, an interior design project is drawn up. Based on the finished plan, the selection and purchase of materials are made.
2. Preparing the premises – this stage begins with cleaning the bathroom from furniture and household appliances. Next, they dismantle the structures and materials that are planned to be changed. If you want to replace the wall and ceiling decoration, then after disassembling the old one, be sure to level the walls. It is essential to inspect the flooring – often, the screed needs restoration.
3. Replacing the screen and installing the waterproofing – before installing a new screed, make sure you choose suitable materials. If there is cement or sand in the base of the solution, then it will not be possible to carry out work in the room until it is scorched (about 40 days). With the help of beacons and rules, a screed mixture with a thickness of about 2 inches is applied to the floor. Only after drying may you begin to install the waterproofing. Please note that using a standard waterproof film in a room with bathtub protection against water is not recommended. It works best with polyester. Laying must be done carefully, and there should be no cuts in the corners. The film should extend onto the wall by about 12 inches.
4. Installation of electrical wiring and piping – it is recommended to choose a cable with a double layer of insulation for wiring. After that, it should be placed in a groove (metal or plastic). Bathroom pipes are often masked with galvanized slopes. For cold water, polypropylene conduits are best. Next, they make grooves for mixers. So that the lines in the tracks do not fog up, it is advisable to blow them out with polyurethane foam. To install a heated towel rail, it is recommended to use metal-plastic products.
5. Working with surfaces – this stage begins with applying a plaster layer to the walls (first starting, then finishing) and insulation of the ceiling. After that, the latter is sheathed, and the tiles are laid on the floor. Wall cladding is carried out after all other work.
Recommendations for reducing repair costs. Bathroom renovation – trust the professionals.
If you want to eliminate possible problems and financial costs, order design and repair work for individual rooms. The New Bathroom Style company offers its clients quality service and reasonable prices.