Here in this article, you will find the two reliable courses of action to backup Office 365 email. One is using eDiscovery, and another one is using a professional Office 365 email backup tool. Let’s start with eDiscovery.
Backup Office 365 emails using eDiscovery
eDiscovery is an inbuilt option that comes in Office 365. It allows users to export the Office 365 mailboxes in the PST file for free. Pursue the below-given steps to execute the process.
- Firstly, log in to Office 365 using the administrator credentials.
- Secondly, click on the Admin option from the left pane.
- Now go to the security tab and click on the Permission option.
- Then, choose the eDiscovery manager option and edit the eDiscovery administrator.
- Now click on the Search option from the left pane and select the Content Search option.
- In the content search window, click on the New Search option.
- After that, provide the name and description for the new search and click on Next.
- Then choose the Office 365 Mailboxes location/Office 365 mailboxes you want to backup.
- Now apply the keywords as per requirement and click on the Next button.
- At last, it will provide a preview of your search, review it and click on the Submit button.
- Now go back to the search tab and click on the search you have just created.
- Now a wizard will open. Here click on the Actions button and select the Export result option. Then, choose the other options as per need and click the Export button.
- Once you are done with the last step, go back to the search window and click on the Export option. From here, choose your last export and copy the export key from the opened wizard. After that, click on the Download result option.
- Now an eDiscovery tool will get downloaded to your system. Open the tool, paste the export key and browse the location to save backup files. Then, click the Start button.
Once you are done with all steps, the process to backup Office 365 mailboxes into PST files gets started. As you can see, it is long and complicated. In case you are unable to backup Office 365 emails using eDiscovery, use a professional third-party tool.
Professional third-party tool
There are many vendors in the market providing solutions to backup Office 365 mailboxes in the PST file. But as we all know, not all are experts. So, it is necessary to choose a perfect Office 365 backup tool.
Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool
It is a professional third-party tool specially designed to backup Office 365 mailboxes without any glitch. The software offers a convenient interface that makes this tool an effortless Office 365 backup solution for everyone.
Steps of Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool
- Firstly, install and open the software.
- Secondly, click on the Connect Office 365 button and provide the Office 365 administrator credentials.
- Then, click on the Backup directory option and browse the location to store PST files.
- Now click on the Backup Jobs option, then provide the job name & backup directory. After that, make a click on the Next button.
- Here select the mailboxes you want to backup and click the Next button.
- Now the software will provide a filter option based on the Message class, message date, and folder filter basis. Once you apply the filters, click on the Next button.
- Now the settings dialog box will appear. Here, choose the option as per your need and ease. And click on the Next.
- The next dialog will be a scheduler. From here, you can schedule the Office 365 email backup process simultaneously, daily, weekly, and monthly. Once done, click on the Next button.
- Now the software will start creating the backup of Office 365 mailboxes.
It is the process to backup Office 365 emails using the Shoviv Office 364 backup and restores tool. It is a very simple and easy process. Using this software is the same as using an android application.
Features of Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool:
- We all know, the backup process can get interrupted, and if you start the process again, it will increase the backup size and cause duplicity in the backup file. But with the Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool, users get a default incremental backup option. The incremental backup option comes in handy to resume the backup process and also prevent duplicity if the process gets interrupted.
- The software allows users to add and backup multiple mailboxes in a single process. The number and size of the mailboxes don’t affect the skills and speed of the software.
- Users can create multiple jobs to backup a large amount of data in a short period.
- It allows users to backup Office 365 simultaneously and without appearing on the screen. By doing this, users can get rid of remembering the backup process.