Adopting Microsoft’s hypervisor-based server virtualization product can be extremely beneficial for your company. Adaptability, scalability, redundancy, and decreased expense of operations are just a few of the advantages granted by Microsoft’s Hyper-V virtualization. You can avail of these services from Hyper V Server Hosting Providers. So, let us take a closer glance at all of these advantages for your business:
Hyper-V enables you to transfer virtual users among physical hosts if and when required. A few basic reasons to do this include:
- Free resources available for the host
- The host should have proper maintenance that requires downtime or reboot
- The host is getting decommissioned for any purpose like old hardware, etc.
- Transferring users from one host to other needs very little downtime than transferring an OS from one physical server to another.
Scalability is presumably one of the most important reasons to move to a virtualized environment with Hyper-V. You can add or remove servers when required without having to buy new hardware or cancel any old hardware. There are several licensing limitations for every version of the windows server based on your requirements. Here are the licensing specifications for each Windows Server 2008 version.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise: Work on up to four software instances simultaneously in virtual operating system structures on a server below a separate server license.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise: Work on any number of software instances in a single physical server and several virtual operating system structures on the server.
- Windows VDA (Virtual Desktop Access): A conventional advantage of Software Assurance and a solo, subscription-based license that provides roaming access to virtual machines (VMs) from small customers, third parties, and other devices.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter: Work on several software instances in physical and virtual operating system structures on a server.
The Failover Clustering functionality of Hyper-V enables you to design and maintain failover clusters. A failover cluster is a collection of computers that allow redundancy and enhance the availability of programs and services. With the help of a failover cluster in Hyper-V structure, all of this is done by using fewer physical computers comparatively. When one link in the cluster crashes the other takes over with insignificant interruption for the users. You can also use an Azure Virtual Desktop to increase productivity.
Decrease Expenses of Operations
Microsoft’s Hyper-V virtualization can considerably decrease the expense of operations. On buying some robust servers you are able to virtualize all or most of your complete environment while decreasing the expense of maintenance and hardware. With all of your resources connected and organized into fewer locations, management becomes much easier for the admins.
Apps4Rent is the best provider for services related to Hyper-V by ensuring excellent support and maintenance. They also have services for Office 365 GCC High and much more.